Chapter 23

"Two souls do not meet by accident".

~Unknown.

_____________________________

The following day....

Asad woke up late and decided to take the day off.

He called Anas and instructed him to take care of everything while he was absent.

He then went to perform ablution and pray.

Ever since Nawal left.. he left his crazy life behind.

He stopped drinking or going for parties and he started praying.

He started getting closer to God.

That's the only way he got peace of mind, other than that , he hated everything else.

"Ya Allah(dear God)  forgive my parents and grant them jannah (paradise) and take me away too. I want to be with them. Please take my life away".... He begged God to take away his life after he was done praying.

He always prays for his parents and also his death in each prayer he does.

He was tired of this world and was waiting for death to come and take him away.

A knock interrupts the silence of the room.

"Come in"... he says and watches his Aunt walk in with food in a tray.

"Good morning Asad"... she smiled as she dropped the food on the mini coffee table in his room.

"Good morning Aunt".

"Anas told me that you are taking the day off so I made you breakfast"... she says as she sits on his bed.

"Thank you for your kind offer"... he says as he stares at her and notices that she seems hesitant.

Like there is something she wants to say.

"Feel free to say what you are holding back Aunt"... Asad says.

Nafisa heaves a sigh "You know you are already 31 and I don't know..." she trailed off.

"I have never seen you pick interest in any female. You don't do late night calls or talk about any lady . You are always with Anas and Kamal and it has got me wondering.. Are you perhaps gay?"... Nafisa asked.

"What?!... No Aunt , I am not gay. Kamal and Anas are just my friends , how can I pick interest in a fellow man such as myself?"... Asad defended himself.

'Is that really how my Aunt saw me?... As gay?'... he thought.

"Well do you have any girl in mind?"... Nafisa asked.

Asad was quiet for a moment.

A flashback of Nawal flew through his mind but he shrug it off.

"I.. I use to"... Asad answered sincerely.

"Nawal right?"... Aunt Nafisa asked.

Asad simply nodded in response.

"Then what happened? You never told me why you guys parted ways"... Aunt Nafisa stated.

"She was a gold digger and also a prostitute. She told me she doesn't want to be with me because of I am poor and I have nothing to offer her"... Asad's mind wondered off to that memory.

It took him years to heal from the wounds she had inflicted on him.

He almost cut a piece of himself for her.

After what she did to him. He promised himself to level up and make it in life and get so much money that no girl will think of denying him and now here he is.