Chapter 28

"Feelings don't really die, the feelings you have for someone just fades and grows stronger for somebody else".

~Mysterious.

—————————————————————-

That evening, Aneesa stayed in Asad's room and the duo watched a movie together.

Aneesa loved K-drama and so she picked one for them to watch.

They decided to watch Moon lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Asad who wasn't a fan of movies watched each episode in the first season with rapt attention because he found it interesting.

Aneesa was also enjoying the movie but stopped when the popcorn finished.

"Look the popcorn has finished"... Aneesa pointed out and pouted.

Asad smiled at her cute pout.

"Do you want me to get you some more?"... Asad asked her in a gentle manner.

Aneesa shook her head in a negative manner "Noo it's okay , the first season has even ended. I should go".

She quickly stood up and left the room before Asad could talk.

Asad just shook his head due to her childishness.

Aneesa went to her room and heaved a sigh, she then changed into her pajamas and turned to climb the bed but met Kamal patiently lying down on it.

"Iyeesah".... He smiled as he stood up.

Aneesa seemed horrified as he walked up to her.

'When did he arrive? Did he watch me change into my pajamas?'... she was asking herself.

"Where have you been Iyeesah? I have been waiting for you, I even started thinking that I was in the wrong room"....Kamal chuckled as he enveloped her in a warm hug.

Aneesa remained silent.

'Don't tell me he is here because of the plan'... she silently prayed.

"Iyeesah why are you quiet? Is something wrong dear?"... he asked her when he broke the hug.

"Kamal... do we really have to do this to Asad. I mean he doesn't deserve all this. He is such a nice guy and he is sweet and funny and I f-"... Aneesa was caught off by Kamal.

"Nonsense! Utterly nonsense!"... his voice started rising.

"I do not ever want to hear you praise him again. Did you hear me? What is the meaning of all this? Are you fallling in love with him or what?"... Kamal started shouted at her.

Aneesa was shocked by his sudden behavior.

All she said about Asad was true so why was Kamal overreacting like this.

"Have you forgotten what he did to my mother. Have you forgotten that he was the reason my family fell apart? Have you forgotten all the terrible things he did to me?"... Kamal continued shouting at her with his lies.

Aneesa wanted to reply to him but he continued talking.

"Have you Iyeesah? Or are you falling in love with him? You have a soft spot for him don't you?"... Kamal continued shouting at her.

Unlike Kamal, Asad didn't say anything bad about Kamal or all the terrible things his mother did to him, instead he praised Kamal when Aneesa asked about him and said Kamal was his favorite cousin.

Aneesa eyes instantly became glossy.

If there is one thing she hated in this life then it was being shouted at.