𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑙𝑒

Isadora watched as the people outside went around with their candy, she was sat on Marcus' lap while combed her hair with his fingers as he purred contently.

Isadora had been a lot better, she had come to terms with what happened to her and she decided not to let that define her. She is Isadora, Queen of Volterra. Queen of Vampires More importantly than that, she was a strong woman who wasn't going to let some men break her because they had a rivalry with her mates. They couldn't attack her mates directly so they did the one thing that they knew would hurt them all and that was cowardly of them.

"Are you excited for this evening, Tesoro?" Marcus asked

"Very, Il mio caro re (my darling king)" she smiled. She has been trying to learn Italian, so she could finally understand their complements.

"Very good pronunciation, my pearl" he smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

"Remind me again why Aro is throwing a ball" Isadora requested

It was Halloween today and the kings were hosting a ball for their coven. Aro had been organising this since mid September and all he said was that it was going to be spectacular.

"It's Aro. He does stuff like this all the time, but this will be your first ball. He wants to introduce you to the vampire world as our mate. Thank heavens your a vampire. It means I can dance with you all night without you getting tired" he smiled

Dora smiled at Jane and Alec as they played a game of battleships, both held a competitive look on their faces.

"You sunk my battleship!!" Jane exclaimed

all dressed up going door to door. She smiled as Felix and Demitri brought in their little boy, Darien.

"Look who we have" Demitri sang.

Isadora smiled as she sped over to her nephew in soul and held him in her arms.

"Awe. He looks adorable in his little strawberry costume" she cooed

"I told you he was a strawberry" Felix smirked

"I thought he was a pinapple" Demetri shrugged his shoulders.

"They look nothing alike. Like at all" Marcus spoke as Isadora rocked the sleeping baby in her arms.

"Are you sure you can't come to the ball?" Isadora asked the two mates

"We would love to, but we want to keep an eye on Darien. He hasn't been feeling well" Felix said, looking lovingly at the little boy.

"What's wrong with him?" Marcus asked, concerned for the baby boy that he, Aro and Caius have formed a Uncle bond with.

"He has just been really warm and keeps crying" Demetri informed. Marcus nodded as his sisters came into the library.

"Sorry Marcus, but we are stealing Isadora to get ready for the ball." Didyme smiled as Isadora passed Darien to Felix before being dragged to the tower to get ready.