Chapter 3

(1 year later)
General's pov
Emily and Matt was still together after a year, they where both really happy with each other. Emily have also become close friends with Severide and Darden, but not only them. She have become close friend with Dardens fiancé Heather.

But there is one more thing when it comes to Emily. She will be done with the academy in a few weeks, witch is good for her because that means she can start to be a paramedic candidate.
But she have been offered to take a job at a firehouse in New York witch is a really big thing also, but she haven't told Matt about this.

Matt's pov
I had been finished at the fire academy and I was on my way to Emily's apartment, she wanted to talk about something.
But there is also things that I want to talk about with her, like moving in together.

I was outside of Emily's apartment building, so I got inside and headed to the elevator. I got out from the elevator and walked up to Emily's apartment door, I knocked at the door and waited.

After 20 seconds the door opened and there stood Emily, and she looked so beautiful.
She got to the side to let me in, I got up to her and gave her a kiss to her lips and she kissed me back.

Matt - so what did you want to talk about?

Emily - maybe we should take a seat!

She got to her living room and I walked behind her, she took a seat at her couch and so did I.

Emily - you know that I will be finish at the academy in only a few weeks.

Matt - yeah, I know......

Emily - I have got a job offer as a paramedic candidate.....

Matt - that's great Emily!

Emily - but the job is in.......New York.

Matt - oh....but there is so many jobs here in Chicago!

Emily - are you serious Matt? This is a great job offer for me, and I am thinking about to take it.

Matt - what about us?

Emily - we can have long distance!

Matt - you are going to be away and I'm nearly not going to see you.

Emily - so what are you saying Matt?

Matt - I don't know.....

Emily - maybe we should just break up then.....

Matt - if it is what you want to do then.

I got up from the couch and left her apartment and didn't say a word to her.

(Few weeks later)
Emily's pov
Today it would be my graduation ceremony at the academy, I was really excited because that meant a new chapter in my life will begin. But I was also little sad, because I haven't spoken to Matt since we broke up.
Two weeks ago I meet up with Heather and her son Griffin who was a couple of month old and really cute. Even if me and Matt had broken up I still had Heather as a friend and Kelly Severide.

I was at the academy with Alice and Hanna next to me and it was time for the ceremony. I looked out to the people who was family or friend to someone of us future paramedics. I could see my mom, dad, brother and my best friend Payton who is married to my brother.
I started to look at the more people who was behind the crowd, and I saw Matt there with, Severide, Darden, Heather and little Griffin in Darden's arms. And I felt a smile appeared on my face.

30 minutes later the ceremony was over, and I was standing with my family.

Lucas - I'm so proud of you little sister!

Emily - thanks Lucas!

Payton - I knew you would make it!

I hugged my best friend, when we pulled apart I felt hands on my shoulder. So I turned around to see Heather, Severide, Darden, Griffin and Matt standing there.

Emily - hey, I didn't know you all was going to be here.

Heather - we wouldn't want to miss this.

Darden - Emily you are our friend. So why would we want to miss this?

I saw griffin held out his small arms, as he wanted me to hold him.
So Darden handed me Griffin, I gave little Griffin a kiss to his cheek and he started to giggle witch was so sweet to see and hear.

Matt's pov
After me and the guys had been to Emily's ceremony, I went home to my place. I started to think about Emily, she would leave tomorrow to New York. And I knew there was one thing I needed to do and that is to say goodbye to her. But I would wait for a few hours until it was evening.

Emily's pov
The time was after 8pm, I was packing my last stuff in a box. When I heard there was I knocked at the door, so I got up from the floor and went to opened the door.
When I opened the door I saw Matt standing there.

Emily - Matt what are....

I didn't have a chance to finish my sentence, because Matt started to kiss me and pushed me up against the wall as he was still kissing me.

I pushed him way.

Emily - what are you doing Matt?

Matt - I'm sorry, I just thought we could do this the last time.

I pulled him to me, and started to kiss him back.
I lifted me up and had my legs around his waist as he carried me to my bedroom. Where we was making love to each other for the last time.

Matt's pov
I was laying in Emily's bed having my arms around me after we had have sex.

Matt - I'm going to be honest with you Emily, I'm going to miss you and even if we broke up I still love you!

Emily - I love you too, but we both know this is for the best.

Matt - yeah, maybe!

Emily - I may be away now, but I will come back to Chicago some day.

Matt - I'm looking forward for that day!

Matt got up from my bed and took his clothes, I did the same thing.

We both walked out from my bedroom, and I walked Matt out from my apartment.

Emily - goodbye Matt!

Matt - goodbye Emily!

We gave each other one last kiss and then Matt left. And that's when I knew it was over between us.