Chapter 26

Emily's pov
Next day and that means new shift today. Had just arrived to the firehouse and had left Jamie at kindergarten, and I wouldn't see him until a few days.
But maybe it will all change since what happened between us that night. But all I can say is that I don't regret it, and then we decided that we would try again as girlfriend and boyfriend.

When I came to the firehouse I went to the locker room to put my bag in the locker.
And when I got there Otis, Herrmann, Cruz and Mouch was also there.

Emily - hey guys.

Everyone - hey Scott.

Herrmann - Scott we need to talk later about the bar.

Emily - yeah.

I put my bag in the locker room, and then I got out to the common room.

Shay's pov
I came to the firehouse alone, since Kelly stayed over at some girls place last night. And I usually come here with Kelly when we are on shift together.

I went to the locker room and got changed to my uniform.
And after I got changed I went to common room, since shift had started and all I wanted was to get a cup of coffee.

When I came to common room I saw the guys and Emily sitting at the table. I grabbed a cup of coffee and went to take a sit at the table in front of Emily since there was a empty seat.

Shay - hi.

Emily - hi Shay.

Shay - what's going on?

Emily - we are just talking about the bar.

Shay - so what's going on with it?

Emily - after shift we are going to be there and check it all out.

Herrmann - we need to decide name also for the bar.

Emily - but that can wait until we have look in to it.

Otis - I think Scott has right about that.

As we was sitting there and talking, I saw that Emily was looking behind me and that she was smiling to something.
So I turned around and I saw Casey there, and I don't know what's going on between them.

For only a couple of weeks ago they wasn't even talking to each other, except when we are out on calls or when it's about Jamie.
And I need to know what's going on, and I can't ask her here with the other guys.

Shay - Scott, we should probably check out the Ambo before we get a call.

Emily - sure.

We got up from our seats and got out to the apparatus floor. As we where walking out Severide came and it looked like he was on his way in to the common room.

Shay - hi.

Severide - hi girls.

Emily - hi.

Shay - how did last night go?

Severide - it went great.

Emily - ooh you where out on a date Severide?

Severide - yeah.

Shay - it's the girl from a few shift ago in that car accident.

Emily - okay, only if your happy with her and that's all that matters.

Severide - thanks Emily.

After we talked to Severide we got out to the apparatus floor and headed to the Ambo.

We opened the back of the Ambo and got inside of it.

Shay - okay, I need to know. What's going on with you and Casey?