Chapter 16

Emily's pov
A couple of hours have passed, we all three have had a great time together.
Jamie have told Matt everything about him and Matt have told Jamie about his family. But there are things that he left out. That his mom killed his dad and that she is in prison, but that was also for the best. It's not a thing you tell a four year old boy about.

It was around 6pm and we all where making dinner together, and I can say it feels really god this. It's starting to feel like we are a family, and specially to see Jamie so happy.

We decided that we would making Mac and cheese, because that is Jamie's favorite and it's easy to make.
I was doing the macaroni and Matt was doing the cheese sauce with Jamie helping him.

A few hours have passed, and it was starting to get late. For this past couple of hours we have been watching movies and eating popcorn all three.
It was 8.45pm so it was time for Jamie to go to bed, and Matt was still here.
He and I was going to talk after Jamie have gone to bed.

Emily - Jamie time for bed!

Jamie - okay, can Matt put me to sleep?

Emily - you have to ask him!

Jamie - Matt can you put me to sleep?

Matt - of course buddy!

Emily - let's go to brush your teeth and change to pj.

Jamie - okay mommy!

He got up from the couch and so did me and Casey also, so we went and got upstair to the bathroom.

I took a seat at the toilet and Jamie took a seat at my lap so I could brush his teeth.
After a couple of minutes we where done, so we got inside to his bedroom to change to his pj.

Emily - I'm just going to help you change Jamie, and then I will leave you alone with Matt.

Jamie - okay!

I helped him get changed and helped him to his bed.

Emily - good night buddy!

Jamie - good night mommy!

I left his bedroom and got downstairs to wait for Matt.

Matt's pov
Emily left, so it was just me and Jamie in his bedroom.
As Jamie was laying in his bed, I took a seat at his bed.

Matt - even if I haven't known you for a long time, I want you to know how much I love you. And you mean the world to me, I think it is important for you to know that.

I saw how Jamie looked at me and nodded his head.

Matt  - and I think it is important for you to know. No matter what anybody ever says or what anyone else might call me, I will always....always be your dad. That word means everything.

He didn't say anything, he just nodded his head to me. But I can't wish for another response from him since he is just four year old.

Matt - good night buddy!

Jamie - good night....daddy!

I couldn't believe what he called me, but it was something special to hear.
I gave him a smile and he smiled at me, as he was ready to sleep.

So I got down to give him a kiss on his forehead.
I saw him turned around on his side, so he could sleep. So I left his bedroom and walked downstair to Emily.

Emily's pov
I was sitting in the living room when I heard Matt walking back down. And that he came to the living room and took a seat at the couch next to me.

Emily - so how did it go?

Matt - it went well!

I could see that Matt had a big smile on his face.

Emily - what's up? You have that smile...

Matt - when I said good night, he called me daddy.

Emily - how did that feel to hear?

Matt - it was amazing!

Emily - I know that feeling, but it also helps that he really likes you!

Matt - thanks Emily!

Emily - so what did you want to talk about?

Matt - have you talked to Severide?

Emily - not really...why?

Matt - I don't want to say this to you, but I don't know if he will tell you it.

Emily - tell me what?

Matt - Severide have a crush on you.....

Emily - ooh....

Matt - how do you feel?

Emily - I don't feel that way with him, and it would be weird if I got together with my ex boyfriend's best friend.

Matt - I get that....

Emily - but then I don't know if I want a relationship now either.

Matt - do what you feel is right.

Emily - thanks Matt!

I didn't know how to react when Matt told me about Severide and how he felt about me. And I don't know what to do now if I should say something to him or just act like I don't know about it.

After me and Matt have been talking for awhile, it started to get even later so Matt left and I went to sleep.