Chapter 33

(Four weeks later)
Matt's pov
Four weeks have passed, and today I have shift again. Everything have been great between me and Emily since we got back together. We haven't told Jamie about us yet, but we have decided to wait about four more weeks.

And when it comes to my mom, she is till staying with me. And lately she and I haven't really getting along, I started to ask her questions about that night with her and dad.
All I want is to get some answers why she did it so I can move on and maybe she can also do it.

I woke up around 45 minutes ago, and in that time I have taking a shower getting dressed. But now it was time to eat something and then leave for work, I have about 30 minutes and then I really need to leave.

When I had gotten ready, I went out to my kitchen where I saw my mom making breakfast again.

Matt - morning...

She looked back at me with a smile, but I didn't return it to her.

Nancy - good morning Matthew! I have made your favorite pancakes.

Matt - thanks mom.

I took a seat at the kitchen table and started to eat the pancakes, that she had made for me.

Nancy - I have thought about what you asked me, when it comes to and your dad...

Matt - and?

Nancy - after your shift, I'm going to tell you and Christie about that night.

Matt - okay, I will give Christie a call later today.

Nancy - thanks.

After I had eating up my pancakes and drink a cup of coffee, it was time to leave for work. So I said bye to my mom and we decided that we would talk tomorrow after my shift, but I couldn't stop thinking about that she have been acting a little strange also.

Emily's pov
I just arrived to the firehouse after I have dropped Jamie at kindergarten like I usually do in the morning,

But for the past couple of weeks Jamie have been home with me more then he usually is since I moved back to Chicago. But the only reason for that is Nancy Casey, because Matt don't want to have Jamie there with everything going on.

Which I totally agree with him, and I know that he just want to protect Jamie and so do I. But Jamie have been with Matt only for a few hours since Matt need to be home more then he usually was. And that is also only because of Nancy, since  Matt needs to be home and keep an eye on her.

I came in to the locker room to find Shay, Severide, Herrmann, Otis, Mouch and Cruz.

Shay - hey girl!

Emily - hey!

Severide - how is it with Jamie?

Emily - it's good with him, he miss to be here at the firehouse.

Otis - why don't you take him with you?

Emily - because he needs to be at kindergarten.

Otis - get that point.

Herrmann - we need to talk later about how we want the bar to look like inside.

Emily - yeah, sure.

Shay - let's go Emily, so we can relax a little before any calls.

Emily - yeah, like we usually do.

Shay - exactly!

Before we left the looker room I put my bag and stuff in my locker, and then we went to common room.

Matt's pov
I arrived to the firehouse later then I usually do, I had five minutes to put my stuff away before there was a chance for our first call for this shift.

After I had put my stuff away in my locker I went to common room where the guys from 81 would be.

When I got out there I saw Emily and Shay sitting at the table with the guys and laughing. I couldn't help but smile, and the reason for that is I'm glad to see Emily happy and that the guys like her too.

I took a cup of coffee and left the common room, because I had a few things I needed to do in my office. And I wanted to have it all don't now in the morning do I can focus on other things later.

Emily's pov
I saw that Matt came in to common room, and only grab a cup of coffee and then he left. So after I had been sitting there for awhile with the guys, I felt something in my pocket. So I took up my phone that I had in my pocket.
And that's when I saw I had a text from Matt saying " can you come to my office?"  So I texted him back " of course".

I got up from my seat at the table and left common room, so instead I went to bunk room where Matt have his little office with his bed inside.

When I came there I saw he had his office door open, so I walked up there.

Emily - hey, what's up?

Matt - hey, it's nothing. I just wanted to have you here.

I walked in to his office and closed the door behind me, I went to his bed and took a seat at it since he was sitting behind his desk.

Matt - so how is it with Jamie?

Emily - good, but he and I was having a small fight yesterday....

He turned around to face me from his chair.

Matt - about what?

Emily - he wanted to come here, and I said "no" because he needs to be at kindergarten.

Matt - I agree to that also.

Emily - thank you for being on my side.

Matt - no worries.

Emily - I hope that I won't have fight with him when he is a teenager...

Matt - I hope so.

Emily - so how is it with Nancy?

Matt - good I think, after shift she is going to tell me the truth about that night when she killed my dad...

Emily - is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Matt - I don't know if I'm been honest.

I got up from Matt's bed, and went over to him where he was sitting.

Emily - everything is going to be okay.

I felt Matt drag me down so I could sit on his lap, and he had his arm around me also as I was sitting there.

Matt - thank you for always been there for me!

Emily - of course!

Matt's face got closer to me and I felt our lips was connected. But as they were doing it, the bell went of.
Bell truck 81, squad 3, engine 51, Ambo 61 and battalion 25

Our lips pulled apart and we where just looking at each other.

Emily - I guess duty calls.

Matt - yeah.

We left his office and we run out to the apparatus floor.