Chapter 9

Matt's pov
After my shift was over I went home to get a few hours of sleep since we had a few calls last night.
And since my shift was over at 7am and I would be at Emily's house around 11am.

After few hours have passed I was on my way to Emily's place. I had drove for 10 minutes when I saw her house. So I parked my car on the street. I got out from my my car and walked up to her house.
When I came up to her house I took a last breath before I knocked at the door.
After I had knocked at the door, the door got opened and Emily was standing there.

Emily - hi!

Matt - hi!

She moved to the side, so she could let me go inside.

Emily's pov
Matt had just arrived and we both went to the kitchen.

Matt took a seat at the kitchen island, and I was standing on the other side so I was facing him

Emily - do you want some coffee?

Matt - yes, please!

I went to my coffee machine, so I could start with the coffee. And as I started it I went back to Matt, and I can be honest that I was scared to tell him the truth and how he would react on this.

Matt - can you tell me now, if Jamie is mine or not?

I took a big breath before I said something.

Emily - He....is yours.

I looked at Matt and I could see it in his eyes, that's he was happy about this news.

Matt - so why didn't you tell me?

Emily - I will tell you everything....

Flashback
I had lived in New York for about two month and I love it here, I had started to make good friends with other paramedic's but also firefighter's.

But it was one morning before shift, I was in my apartment. I woke up to feeling nauseous, but when I got up from my bed I run in to the bathroom to throw up.
But I went to work, because I just thought it was one time thing. But this had happened for a week I started to think about other stuff.

So I asked those two women I was working with when I was paramedic candidate. To see if they knew why this was happening to me, so they asked me about when I had my last period.

And that's when it hit me, that there was a chance that I could be pregnant.

So the day after shift I went to take a pregnancy test and it came back positive, I was happy but sad at the same time because I knew you where the father. Since I hadn't been with someone else.

After a few days I took the test I went to the hospital to do a ultrasound.
And that's when they told me I was pregnant and 8 weeks along.

So I decided that I would come back to Chicago  to tell you about this. And I knew one place you would be at, and that's the bar where we meet.