Chapter 43

Emily's pov
Two days later which also means back to work, it feels good that I will be back to work. To be home and sick is really boring, and I love my work and those people I work with.

Matt and I just arrived at the firehouse after we dropped him off at kindergarten.
I decided that I would keep an eye on Dawson today, it's not that I'm jealous or anything. But I can see that she is and will be a good paramedic, and I just don't want her to destroy that chance because she has a crush on someone who is already in a relationship.

Me and Matt walked in ti the locker room, cruz and Herrmann was also in there when we got there.

Herrmann - hey Scott, nice to have you back!

Emily - thanks Herrmann!

Cruz - you feel better now?

Emily - yeah I do!

They left the locker room so it was just me and Matt standing there by our lockers.

Matt - are you ready?

Emily - yeah!

Matt - let's go so we can grab a cup of coffee.

Emily - coming.

We left locker room and walked in to common room where most of the guys where, Shay was standing around the kitchen and talking to Mills when we came.

Shay - finally, I'm glad your back!

Emily - thanks Shay, but I was just gone for one shift!

Shay - I know but I still missed my PIC.

Emily - but I heard that Mills jumped in for me!

Shay - yeah, that's the only good thing!

Mills - it was fun to work one shift on Ambo!

Matt grabbed one cup of coffee for me and himself, we where just going to take a seat at the table when Chief walked inside.

Boden - Scott, good to have you back!

Emily - thanks chief!

I took a seat at the table, so I was sitting next to Matt, and I was sitting on the opposite side of the table so me and Shay was facing together.

Emily - where is Dawson?

Shay - before you two came in here I saw she just arrived!

Emily - okay, maybe we should check Ambo and the gas.

Shay - yeah!

Emily - you can go out to Ambo and I will get Dawson!

Shay - sure.

We both left common room, I went to the locker room and Shay went to apparatus floor to the Ambo.

When I came to the locker room I saw Dawson by her locker and I could see she was done since she was changed in to the uniform.

Emily - hey Dawson, are you ready?

Dawson - hey, yeah I'm ready.

Emily - we are just checking the Ambo and the gas before we get a call.

Dawson - okay.

We left the locker room and walked out to the apparatus floor, when we came out to there and was just going to pass the squad table Severide stopped me.

Severide - hey, how are you feeling?

Emily - I'm good!

Severide - can we talk?