Chapter 47

General's pov
They all arrived at lakeshore, Chief and Casey went to the ER and see if they could find Emily or shay.
They came to the ER and they saw Shay and she was getting treated, but they couldn't see her. They walked up to where Shay was, and when she saw them she started to cry. So Chief just gave her a hug and didn't let go of her.

Matt - Shay do you know where Emily is?

Shay - the doctors took her five minutes ago.

Chief - how are you feeling Shay?

Shay - I think I'm good, I'm just scared...

Chief - it's a good thing that your good.

Casey asked a nurse in the reception about where Emily was, so he went to the floor and waited until the waiting room.
He texted the guys on which floor he was on, and after a couple of minutes everyone was there and waiting to get some news.

Since there shift also was over, the guys who would have there shift today came to lakeshore and took the rigs to the firehouse. Since the guys who just had a shift wanted to be at lakeshore with Casey but also for Shay and Emily.
Since it wasn't just Emily who got hurt.

They had been sitting there for an hour or even more when a doctor came in to the waiting room.

Doctor - family to Emily Scott!

They all got up from where they were sitting when they heard the doctor.

Matt - we are!

Boden - how is it with her?

Doctor - she has moderate traumatic brain injury, and we need to locate the brain swelling, so we are going to do an MRI. Try to determine the extent of the damage.

Matt - has she waken up yet?

Doctor - no but soon she will.

Boden - thanks doctor!

Doctor - is there any family relatives here?

Matt - I am, I'm her boyfriend!

The doctor nodded his head to Casey and left the waiting room.

Matt's pov
After I had heard the news about Emily I just waited and waited to get down new information.

It have been two hours since I got the information when they told me that they would do an MRI.
The guys left because they wanted to get home and change, Severide left also to get changed. But he was also going to get stuff for me at my place, so I was alone in the waiting room with Shay and Chief.

I haven't said anything, because I didn't know what to say. I just wanted Emily to be good, I don't want to lose her.

Boden - She will pull through!

Matt - I hope so....

Shay - Emily is strong!

Matt - do you know what my plan for tonight was with her?

Shay - no.

Matt - since it is her birthday, and we have been together for awhile I was going to propose.

Shay - OMG

Matt - but now I don't know if I will get that chance...

Boden - trust me Casey, you will get that chance.

Matt - thanks Cheif.

We sat there in silence again, and I was just hoping that Emily would be okay and that I would get a chance to ask her the big question.

General's pov
The guys came back to lakeshore because they wanted to be there for Matt and Emily.
Casey got a chance to change from his work clothes to his regular.

They had been sitting there for another hour when the doctor came back out.

Doctor - we was able to get the brain swallowing down and the MRI came back, and it looked positive.

Boden - that's good to hear doctor!

Doctor - she will soon be waking up if lieutenant Casey wants to see her.

Matt - yes please.

Casey followed the doctor in to Emily's room, and when he got there he could see she was still sleep and hooked up to a machine to check her heart.
There was a chair, so Casey dragged it next to Emily's bed and took a sit on it. He took Emily's hand in his and took it up to his lips and kissed it.

Matt - please wake up Emily....

He just looked at her and a tear fell down from his cheek, when he saw how bad hurt she was. And the only thing he wanted was for her to wake up and be okay.

Emily's pov
I slightly woke up and open my eyes, I could feel my head was hurting so much. I looked around and I noticed that I was in a hospital room, I looked to my side and I saw Matt sitting there and he hadn't noticed that I was awake.

Emily - Matt!

He turned his head to me really fast when he heard my voice and I could see a smile on his face.

Matt - thank god that your awake! How are you feeling?

Emily - my head is hurting.

Matt - I will go and tell the doctor that your awake.

Emily - okay.

He gave me a kiss on my lips before he left the room, i didn't really remember what happened.

Matt came back to the room with a doctor, he checked me out and asked how I was feeling and what was wrong with me. He gave me some pain killers since It was hurting so bad in my head, but the doctor told me that was normal.

The doctor left my room so me and Matt was alone, Matt was sitting on the chair next to the bed.

Matt - happy birthday!

Emily - thanks, I had forgot that it was my birthday today.

Matt - not the best day for a birthday!

Emily - not really!

Matt - by the way they guys from the firehouse is here, if you want to see them?

Emily - they are?

Matt - yeah, they have been here since we got the phone call about you.

Emily - I would like to see them!

Matt - I will go and get them.

He gave me another kiss before he left my room again, I was just thinking how lucky I am to have Matt but also the guys from firehouse.

Matt's pov
I went to the waiting room where the guys was, when I came out there the guys saw me and they got up from where they was sitting.

Boden - how is it with Emily?

Matt - she is awake and she has pain in her head, but she wanted to see you all.

The guys came behind me and followed me inside to Emily's room.
When we came in there, Emily had a smile on her face when she saw them all.

Boden - how are you feeling?

Emily - like I have been in a accident!

Shay - I'm glad your okay!

Emily - thanks, how is it with you?

Shay - I'm okay, i was more scared about you.

Emily - but I'm alive so!

Severide - Happy birthday Emily!

All - happy birthday!

Emily - thanks guys!

The guys where in Emily's room for an hour, and then they all left to give Emily some space since she needs to relax after what have happened.