Chapter 30

(Two days later)
Emily's pov
One hour ago I got up and got a shower and took on my work uniform.
Right now I was sitting at my kitchen table drinking my coffee and watching Jamie eat his cereal.

Emily - so Jamie, I will pick you up tomorrow at kindergarten.

Jamie - Isn't it daddy's turn?

Emily - yes, but do you remember when I told you about something would change for awhile?

Jamie - yeah.....

Emily - you will see him, but not at much you usually do.

Jamie - okay.

I watch him finish his cereal, and then the the fly away and it was already time to leave. So we won't be late for kindergarten or work.

Matt's pov
I woke up about half an hour ago, and I had just taken a shower. I was drying my body with a towel, and then I started to get dressed in my work clothes.

After I had getting dressed I left my bathroom that was connected to my bedroom, and I got out to my kitchen.
I came out there and I saw my mom doing some breakfast.

Nancy - good morning Matthew!

Matt - good morning!

Nancy - I made some breakfast for you.

Matt - thanks.

She started to serve the breakfast at the table, so I took a seat there and she also took a seat at the table. We both started to eat the breakfast that she had made for us.

Nancy - so how long is one shift?

Matt - 24 hours.

Nancy - who is taking care of your son when you and Emily are working?

Matt - he is at kindergarten, but then in the afternoon Emily's brother Lucas is taking care of him.

Nancy - I can also take care of him....

Matt - I know, but this is all so new and you haven't meet Jamie yet.

Nancy - I know, but I feel that I have missed so many things when it comes to you and your sister.

Matt - maybe you should call Christie and see if you can meet your granddaughter Violet.

Nancy - I should probably do that, since I haven't been a good mother or grandmother.

I didn't know what to say when, she feels that way about be a bad mother and grandmother. At some point I feel sorry for her, but then in the other way it's was her on fault when she killed my dad.

I know that he wasn't the best dad but that doesn't mean that she had right to kill him. And maybe if she wouldn't have done that, he may would be a good father and possibly a good grandfather.

Emily's pov
About 20 minutes ago I had dropped Jamie off at kindergarten, and now I was out on the apparatus floor checking out on the ambulance. Because the paramedics from last shift didn't have a chance to check it out or do a inventory on it.

But as I was doing it a saw Severide and shay walking up to the apparatus floor together since shift start in about five minutes.