Chapter 6

Emily's pov
Shift was over, so all I could think of was my son Jamie. That I would spend some time with him for 48 hours.
My first shift was amazing at 51, they really felt like a family. It was good people that I work with, they all really care about each other.

I was on my way to my car and leave the firehouse, when I heard someone calling my name. So I turned around to see Severide there, he was walking up to me.
I haven't really spoken to him that shift, all we have said to each other was "hey".

Severide - Emily can we talk?

Emily - of course, but I need to pick up my son!

Severide - it will be fast.

Emily - so what's up?

Severide - I'm sorry that I didn't reach out to you when Andy died. It was just really hard for me and it all went so fast.

Emily - Kelly I get that, but then I can't blame you or Matt. Since i left and I didn't contact you even if we said we would still be friends.

Severide - but that is still not a excuse for me or Casey's behavior.

Emily - it's fine Kelly, I promise. But I also heard that you two aren't talking to each other, more like fighting.

Severide - Emily, i would like to talk to you about this and tell you what happened with Darden.

Emily - me too, if you want you can come by my house later today.

Severide - really?

Emily - of course, you should bring Shay also!

Severide - thanks Emily!

Emily - give me your number, so I can text you my address.

I gave him my phone so he could write down his number.
After a minute or so, he gave me back my phone.

Emily - I should leave now, but see you later!

Severide - yeah, see you later!

I jumped in to my car and drove, to my brother's house.

Shay's pov
I was on my way to leave the firehouse, when I saw Severide and Scott talking. But it looks like that Scott was going to leave. Because she got inside of her car and drove away.

So I walked up to Severide, as he walked to his car that was standing two cars away where Scott' car we standing earlier.

Shay - so what where you and Scott talking about?

Severide - I apologized, because I didn't tell her about Darden.

Shay - what did she say?

Severide - that I shouldn't have apologized, she said it was her on fault because she left and we didn't have contact for this past 5 years.

Shay - she seems like a really nice girl who cares about everyone.

Severide - that's Emily, but I'm actually going to see her later. At her place, and she said that you should come with.

Shay - yeah, why not.

Me and Severide got inside of his car, and he drove of to our apartment that we share together.

Emily's pov
I was outside of my brothers house, so I knocked at the door.
I waited for 30 seconds before the door got opened, it was my son who stood there.

Jamie - mommy!!

Emily - hey, buddy!

I got down to his level and he came closer to me, and I gave him a big hug and gave him a kiss to his cheek.
I looked up to see my brother standing there looking at me.
Me and Jamie pulled away and I got inside to the house and my brother a hug.