Chapter 41

Matt's pov
It is two days later which means a new shift today, me and Jamie together to leave him at my sister place actually.
For the past couple of month she and I have had a great relationship like we used to have. And the reason why she is watching Jamie is because it is weekend, and I just want Emily to be home and rest without thinking about Jamie..
And I drove alone to the firehouse because Emily still had fever and I told her to stay home. Which she didn't want because she loves to work, but I know she will thank me later.

I arrived at the firehouse at the same time as Severide and Shay, so I walked with them up to the firehouse.

Shay - where is Emily?

Matt - she is home and sick.

Shay - ooh no, I hope that I don't need to work with any of those weird paramedics.

Severide - but what's "wrong" with Emily?

Matt - she have fever, it started two days ago in the afternoon.

Shay - I hope she will be doing fine and that she will be here next shift.

We got in to the firehouse and the first thing we needed to do when we had changed to uniforms and put our bags away was to be in the conference room. Because Chief wanted to have a morning meeting, like he usually wants when shift starts.

Shay's pov
After our meeting with chief I was so happy that I wasn't going to work with the regular substitute paramedics. They let me to work with Peter Mills since he had study EMT, and Dawson would still also be with us.

Even if I would work Mills and I knew him, I still missed my partner. When Emily started at 51, she had that energy that I wanted as a partner. She is one of the best people, she is really kind but she can also be really hard. And that's what I like about her.
But not only is she a great person, but she is also the best PIC that you could have asked about.

After our meeting with chief, me, Mills and Dawson went out to the apparatus floor to check the Ambo. To see if there was something that we needed that we need to take at the hospital or to see how much gas.
We came out, me and Dawson checked in the back of Ambo and Mills checked the gas.

After awhile, we had looked through in the back. And there was a just a few things that we needed and we needed to fill up the Ambo with gas.

Shay - let's go and fill up the Ambo.

Mills - I'm just going to tell Chief that we are leaving:

Shay - okay!

Mills left and I jumped in the Ambo as we waited for mills, and Dawson was sitting the the back of the Ambo since we didn't have place for her in the front.
After a few minutes, Mills came back out and we left to do those two things we needed.

We had just filled up our Ambo when we got a call.
Main : Ambo 61
Since we wasn't in the firehouse, main was the one that gave us a call.

We came to a car crash, truck and squad was also there, and we started to help out. Dawson was with me since I was the one to keep an eye on her now when Scott wasn't here.

We had just arrived at the hospital to drop of a patient, and after we left the patient. Me and Dawson went to get some supplies as Mills said he would fix the the papers.

As me and Dawson was fixing with the supplies I couldn't stop looking at her, because since the call she have had a smile on her face.

Shay - what's up Dawson?

Dawson - what do you mean?

Shay - you haven't stopped smiling since the call.

Dawson - have you noticed that lieutenant he is really good looking and really nice?