Chapter 40

Emily's pov
Shift was over and I had just got home, and it was nice to be home alone for just a couple of hours until I need to pick Jamie up.

I didn't sleep well last night, I had already hard to sleep but then Ambo got calls last Night also two times.
But there was one thing that was bothering me, but I didn't know if I was just imagining.
Yesterday when me, Shay and Dawson was cleaning in the Ambo. Casey and the guys from truck was outside doing some drills, I couldn't help but notice that Dawson was looking at Casey.

And I don't know if I should talk to her or Matt or even just let it go, and maybe I'm just imagining. But next shift I will check more with Dawson, because she is a really good candidate and I know she will be a good paramedic. So I don't want her to get distracted.

Aft we all my thinking about yesterday with Dawson and calls, I decided to go upstairs so I could get some sleep.

Matt's pov
I was just done with the construction work today but would be there tomorrow also, so I was just on my way home to my girlfriend and son.

After I had been driving for awhile, I arrived outside of Emily's house that was also mine.
I parked my car outside of the house on the street, I jumped out from my truck and walked up to front door.

I walked inside to our house and it was really quiet, but I could hear the tv was on in the living room. So I walked in to living room and I saw Jamie sitting on the couch and watching some tv.

Matt - hey!

He turned around when he heard my voice, and I could see a big smile on his face.

Jamie - hey dad!

Matt - where is your mom?

Jamie - mom is upstairs and sleeping.

Matt - okay, thanks.

When I heard that Emily was sleeping I thought it was weird, because she never sleeps in the afternoon. She usually do it when she gets home after shift if she haven't slept well.

Matt - Jamie have you eaten something?

Jamie - mom made me a sandwich earlier!

Matt - so you don't want ice cream then?

Jamie - can I have that? Please dad!

Matt - of course buddy.

I jumped off the couch and came running up to and gave me a hug, and then he just left living room and I could hear that he was in the kitchen to grab ice cream.
I wen to lichen also to help him with it.

After Jamie had got his ice cream and was back to watching tv, I went upstairs to check on Emily.

I got upstairs and was standing outside of our bedroom. So I opened our door and I could see no lights was on, and I saw she was sleeping. So I walked up to our bed and to her side of it, I kneeled down so I could see her face.

Matt - Emily, babe wake up.

She heard my voice and woke up, and I could see that something was wrong.

Matt - are you okay babe?

Emily - no, i think I have fever....

I placed my hand to her forehead and I could feel that she was warm.

Matt - you clearly have fever, so you stay here and call after me if you want something.

Emily - thanks.

I gave her a kiss to her forehead and left our bedroom and walked down to the living room, so I could be with Jamie a little while.

Emily's pov
And hour before Matt got home I started to feel sick, and I haven't had fever since I was a teenager. And it really sucked to have that, and specially when your a parent so I'm really glad to have Matt.

I had slept for four hours, and I still felt sick. But I needed to eat something and I didn't want to disturb Matt.
I got up from bed and first I walked in to the bathroom, and then I walked downstairs.

When I came downstairs I heard sounds coming from the living room, so I thought I would see what was going on and then eat something.
I saw the tv was on and that Jamie and Matt was sitting on the floor playing with one of Jamie's big firetruck.

Emily - hey, what are you two doing?

They both turned around when they heard my voice and they both looked happy, and I was glad to see that.

Matt - we are just playing with his firetruck.

Emily - is it fun to play with a firetruck Jamie?

Jamie - yes, and I'm the lieutenant now.

Emily - ooh you are?

Jamie - yes!!!!

Matt - how are you feeling?

Emily - I still feel sick.

Matt - go back upstairs then!

Emily - I'm just going to grab something to eat!

Matt - I can do that for you!

Emily - it's fine Matt, I will do it!

I left living room and walked in to the kitchen, and I could hear that Matt was following.
I just made a sandwich to me, since I don't want anything but I needed to eat something.

Emily - have you and Jamie eating something?

Matt - yeah, we had some left over in the freezer.

After I had made my sandwich I took a glass of water and some aspirin, and walked over with my glass and plate to our kitchen table.
Matt took a seat at the kitchen table, just to keep me company.

Matt - I can cancel my construction job tomorrow, so you can rest.

Emily - you are not doing that, Jamie will be at kindergarten. And those hours he is there I can rest and probably I will feel better when it is time to pick him up.

Matt - are you sure?

Emily - I am sure!

Matt - okay.

I eat up my sandwich and drank my glass of water, and when I was done Matt took my plate and glass and put it in the dishwasher.

Emily - I'm going up to sleep some more.

Matt - okay, I will check on you when I'm going to sleep later.

I just nodded my head to him, and I walked in to the living room to say good night to Jamie.
I came to the living room and we found him sitting on the couch and watching some tv.

Emily - good night buddy!

Jamie - good night mom!

Emily - Matt don't forget it is time for him to sleep soon.

Matt - I won't forget it.

Emily - good night then!

Matt - good night babe!

I went upstairs to our bedroom, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for bed .

Matt's pov
It was late in the evening, and three hours ago I put Jamie to bed and before that, Emily was already sleeping.

I felt bed that Emily was sick and that I was going to work and she would be home alone. But I know if it was something, she would call me.

I went upstairs to our bedroom and I saw she was fast asleep, and I actually had a glass of cold water that I left on her nightstand.
I went to our bathroom and started to brush my teeth and get ready for bed.
After I was done in the bathroom, I went back to our bedroom and took of my shirt and pants. So I was just going to bed in my boxers.
I lay on my side of the bed but turned around, so I could hold Emily in my arms and then I fell fast  asleep.