Chapter 5

Emily's pov
Me and Shay had come back after the call as truck 81 was still on the scene cleaning up after the car accident that we had been too.
Squad was gone when we came back, so they most have gotten a call.
Shay and I jumped out from the Ambo and we headed to the commen room to grab a cup of coffee.

We took a seat at the table in the commen room and relax after there call.

Shay - so what was it with you and lieutenant Casey?

Emily - what do you mean?

Shay - I saw how he was looking at you, and that you couldn't even look at him!

I didn't know if I should tell her about my past with Matt or just act like nothing happened. But when I talk to Shay it all feels so easy, like it is with my best friend Payton.

Emily - me and Casey used to date about 5 years ago!

Shay - oh, what happened?

Emily - we meet at a bar after my first day at the academy, and after that day we where together for one year. And then we broke up because I got a job in New York, that I took.

Shay - so you know Severide also?

Emily - yes, Casey, Severide and a friend to them Darden they all meet when they started at the academy.

Shay - I know who Darden was.....

Emily - what do you mean with "was"?

Shay - Scott.....he died about a month ago.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I didn't know he was dead. Why didn't someone tell me about this, they Matt knew I was in New York he could just reached out to me.
Or more like, how is it with Heather and how is it with both Casey and Severide.

Emily - how have Casey and Severide taking it?

Shay - they don't talk to each other, they both blame each other for what happened.

Emily - ooh, okay!

I heard that truck came back, and I could see the guys was on there way in to the commen room.

Emily - I think I'm just going to head to the bunker room to lay down for awhile.

Shay - ooh, okay.....

Matt's pov
When we came back from our call we all went to the commen room.
But I could see that Emily left the commen room when we came. I walked up to Shay to ask her what it was with Emily.

Matt - Shay, what's up with Scott?

She got up from her seat and pointed, that we should leave the commen room and talk.

Matt - what is it Shay?

Shay - she told me about your past, and she asked me about Darden...

Matt - what did you tell her?

Shay - the truth.....maybe you should talk to her!

Matt - where is she?

Shay - she went to the bunker.

I left Shay, and went to the bunker.
When I got there and I saw Emily laying on her bed scrolling through her phone.

Matt - Emily......

I saw she looked up at me, and I could see she had tears in her eyes.

Matt - I heard that shay told you, and that you told her about us.

Emily - yeah.....

Matt - tell me what's going on in your head.

Emily - I'm actually mad at both of you and Severide.