Chapter 36

(Four weeks later)
General's pov
Four weeks have passed, a few things have changed since Nancy left. Jamie is back to live with Matt a few days every week, and Jamie loves to be with his dad and have it back like it used to be before Nancy got released from prison.

Emily and Matt are in a really good place, they are really happy to be together again after those few years. They still haven't told Jamie that they are together but soon they will tell, and then you don't know what will happen to them three in the future.

Herrmann, Otis and Emily are ready to open there new bar Molly's, they are going to have a premiere which would only be the guys from 51 but also a few people from lakeshore.

Emily's pov
Today I have shift, I was already on my way to the firehouse after I have dropped Jamie off at kindergarten.

I arrived to the firehouse at the same time as Matt parked his car, I got out from my car and went to the back to grab my bag.
I was just going to walk up to the firehouse when Matt came up to me.

Matt - good morning babe!

Emily - good morning!

He got closer to me and had his arm around my shoulders as we walked up to the firehouse.

Matt - how did it go with Jamie this morning?

Emily - it went well, he was excited to be at kindergarten.

Matt - it seems like for the past month, it have been easier to drop him off and harder to pick him up.

Emily - yeah, but that is good and it means that he likes to be that and with friends.

Matt - you have right!

Emily - I usually have that.

I looked up at him, and I had a smirk on my face after I had said that. And Matt looked down at me and gave me a smile.
When we got closer to the firehouse, Matt gave me a big kiss on the lips and then we walked inside to the firehouse.

General's pov
When shift had started they all had a morning meeting with chief in the conference room, but when it was over they got out to the common room most of the guys. Only the guys on squad wasn't there, they went out to the squad table.

Herrmann, Otis and Emily was sitting together at the table, Shay, Cruz and Casey was also sitting at the table but they wasn't really in to the conversation that was between Herrman, Otis and Emily.

Herrmann - so tomorrow after shift we need to be at Molly's to take on the delivery's.

Otis - come on Herrmann, let us get some sleep after shift.

Herrmann - we only need to be there after shift for a few hours and then you can leave to get some sleep and then come back two hours before everyone is there.

Emily - sounds good to me!

Herrmann - good!

Otis - fine then, but Emily don't you have Jamie tomorrow?

Emily - no I don't, Casey have him tomorrow.

Herrmann, Otis and Emily was just chatting about the plan for tomorrow. And since they have decided that tomorrow it will be the first time to open Mollys, but only for the guys at 51 and a few people from lakeshore but also family members.

Herrmann - Emily which of your family is coming tomorrow?

Emily - my parents, brother and my sister in law.

Herrmann - Casey are you coming tomorrow?

Since Casey was talking to Shay and cruz he turned around in his chair to face Herrmann.