Chapter 42

Emily's pov
The next morning I was feeling so much better but I still had fever, just a little.
I woke up at 8am and I had been laying in bed for 10 minutes, and I was still home alone since Matt's shift was over 10 minutes ago. And he would pick Jamie up at Christie's house

I knew that they would have eaten breakfast before they got home, and since I was still sick but feeling much better, I had energy to make break fast to me.

I wasn't so hungry but I needed to eat something, so I just took a bowl with cereal and a cup of tea.
I took my breakfast and took a seat in the living room on the couch to watch some tv.

Matt's pov
My shift was over and I had just arrived to get Jamie at my sisters house.
I parked my truck out on the street, and I got out from it and walked up to the front door.
I knocked at the front door and I could hear sounds coming inside from the house.
I waited for around 30 seconds, and then the door got open and my sister was standing there.

Matt - hey!

Christie - hey Matt!

She let me in and then I followed her in to kitchen where I could hear my niece and Jamie's voice.

Matt - hey guys!

Jamie - dad!

He came running to me and gave me a hug.

Violet - hey uncle Matt!

Matt - hey Violet!

I heard foot steps coming from the living room that is next to the kitchen where I was standing now with my sister, niece and son.

Jim - ooh hey Matt!

Matt - hey Jim!

And that was my sisters husband, my brother-in-law in law that enter the room.

Matt - so how have everything been?

Christie - it have been good, they have been playing really nice.

Matt - I'm glad to hear that!

Christie - how is Emily?

Matt - I talked to her later last night, and she said she was feeling better.

Christie - good to hear!

Jim - when Emily is better you all should come by and have dinner!

Matt - thanks, Emily would like that.

Jim - good!

Matt - Jamie are you ready to head home?

Jamie - yes!

In the meantime as Jamie took his stuff I was in the kitchen talking to my sister and brother-in-law. They where telling me what they did yesterday with the kids, and they where also telling me how much they like Jamie that he is a good kid and of course that is always fun to hear.

We just left my sisters place and we where on our way home, I would be driving for 30 minutes.
In the meantime when I was driving I talked to Jamie about yesterday and asked him if he liked to play with Violet and be with his aunt.
And he told me that it was fun to play with Violet and have an older cousin. And I was just glad to hear that he had fun and that he likes my side of family.

Emily's pov
I had been in the living room for more then 1.5 hour, I had also fallen asleep. But I woke up to hear I a car pulled up in the driveway.
I was still laying on the couch, because I didn't have the energy to get up.