Chapter 38

6 month later
General's pov
For the past 6 month everything have been good, Jamie turned 5 years old about 5.5 month ago. He loved his birthday, it was his first one to have his dad in his life which he loved.
Emily and Matt bought a basketball hoop for him, that he could have at Emily's place since she has the biggest garden.

Everything between Emily and Matt have been good, they have had there first fight since they got back together. But they where dealing with it as adults but also as co parenting, since it is important when they have Jamie together.

Matt talked to Emily just a few days ago, if it was time for them to take the next step. Which is moving in together, Emily was positive about that idea. And since Emily's house is big enough for them three to live and maybe in the future they will buy a new house together.

Kelly started to date this girl he meet a couple of month ago, but they broke up about a month ago. So he is back to be the old Kelly Severide.
Shay is actually with a new woman now and she seems really happy, and maybe this woman is the one.

Emily's pov
Matt and I was on our way to firehouse for a new shift, we had dropped Jamie of at kindergarten.

Yesterday we where at Matt's place to pack all of his clothes and take it with us to my place that would be ours, but there is so many things that Matt don't need to take with him.
And since we started to pack Matt's stuff, he had also talked to a realtor about couple of days ago and his place is already up for sale.

Matt and I walked up to the firehouse and walked inside to the apparatus floor. When we came inside the guys from squad was sitting at the squad table and doing nothing since shift hasn't started yet.

We walked in to locker room where we find Shay and Severide changing to work clothes.

Emily - hey!

Shay - hey!

Severide - hey you two!

Matt - hey!

We all four stayed in the locker room, and talking about Matt would move in to my house and that Jamie was so happy about it.
As we where talking about that, the shift had just started, but as they where still talking and they where just going to leave and go to common room when the bell went off.
Bell Ambo 61

We didn't even get a chance to sit down for five minutes when shift started.

Shay - seriously, we couldn't just get a cup of coffee...

Emily - let's go Shay!

Severide - be safe both of you

Emily/Shay - yeah yeah!

Me and Shay left and run out to apparatus floor and jumped inside the Ambo and headed of to the scene.

Matt's pov
Shay and Emily just left because they got a call, so since they just left that got me a chance to talk to Severide alone.

Matt - Severide can we just talk.

Severide - sure, came we just get a cup of coffee?

Matt - sure thing!

We got to common room and grabbed each a cup of coffee, and then we left again and walked inside to Severide's office.

Severide - so what did you want to talk about Casey?

Matt - about Emily!

Severide - what about her?

Matt - I want your honest opinion, I want you to tell me if I'm moving to fast.