Chapter 20

Matt's pov
A few hours have passed and it's starting to get late, and I haven't spoken to Emily. But I should talk to her, but she is currently out on a call right know and she have been away for an hour.

There are two people that I need to speak with, Severide and Emily. So now when Emily is out, it's give me some time to speak with Severide.

I was sitting in my office and I knew that Severide was sitting in his office, because we both had paperwork that needs to get done with.

So I got out from my office and walked over to Severide's, I knocked at his office door before.

Severide - come in!

I open his office door and walked inside and closed the door.

Matt - do you have a minute?

Severide - sure!

Matt - do you still like Emily?

Severide - actually if I'm going to be really honest with you, I think it was just a crush.

Matt - okay....

Severide - what's up Casey?

Matt - Hallie and I broke up...

Severide - I'm sorry Casey. But why?

Matt - I want kids but she don't want, and then she thinks there is something going on with me and Emily.

Severide - but is there something going on between you and Emily?

Matt - I don't know, first I thought that but this shift she have been avoiding me.

Severide - I know how you two where so in love with each other when you two meet, but I also see how you two are around Jamie together and that you guys would make a good family.

Matt - thanks Severide, I hope you don't think this is weird that we talk about this.

Severide - it's fine Casey, you and I where best friends before Emily showed up again so...

Matt - I really appreciate it!

I left his office and actually went to the commen room and see if Emily have come back from there call and they have been away for almost 2 hours.

I got out there and I saw the guys sitting there and doing nothing.

Matt - guys!

Otis - what's up lieutenant?

Matt - can you guys go and check the rig on the truck?

Herrmann - of course lieutenant!

Matt - thanks, bye the way Herrmann can you tell Scott that I want to talk with her in my office when she comes back?

Herrmann - sure, lieutenant!

As I saw the guys went out to the apparatus floor and do what I told them, I went back to my office so I could finish my paperwork and wait for Emily.

Emily's pov
We had two calls right after each other, and finally we got to come back to the firehouse.
Me and Shay got out from the ambulance, and we saw that the guys on truck where checking out the rig.

Shay - ooh did lieutenant Casey get your all to work?

Otis - yeah, we where just sitting in the commen room and doing nothing so.

Herrmann - Scott! Casey wants to talk with you in his office.

Emily - thanks Herrmann!

I left Shay with the others on the apparatus floor and went to Casey's office.

I got to Casey's office and his door was closed so I knocked at his door.

Matt - come in!

I open his office door and walked inside to his office and closed the door behind me.

Emily - you wanted to talk to me, so what's up?

Matt - why are you avoiding me?

Emily - I'm not avoiding you...

Matt - I know you Emily...

Emily - no you don't know me, you only knew me for like a year and I have changed for those 5 years!!

I could feel how I was feeling mad at Matt, and I saw that he was surprised to hear me like that.

Matt - you are the same girl that I meet in that bar for 6 years ago, so tell me what's bothering you!

Emily - I have nothing to say....

I was just going to leave, when I felt Matt grabbed my arm and he spun me around. And our faces where closed to each other and our lips touch.

And I can say that I have missed his lips, but this doesn't feel right when he and Hallie just broke up together.

So I pulled away from Matt and just look him in the eyes.

Emily - Matt, we can't do this. It's not right, you and Hallie just broke up.

I didn't even let him say anything, because I left his office.

***

General's pov
It's the next day, and shift was over. Casey and Scott haven't spoken to each other since what happened in Casey's office.

And few weeks ago, Emily and Matt decided that Jamie would be more at kindergarten so he can make new friends.
So that means Jamie will be at kindergarten when they are on shift and when there shift is over. So he will only be home on the weekends and when they have off days.

Matt's pov
Shift is over and I'm heading home, I haven't spoken to Emily since what happened in my office. And I'm starting to think about what she said to me about Hallie, that she and I just broke up and then I'm trying with Emily l.

And maybe she has right about that, so maybe I should give her some space and and wait for awhile. But I just don't want to destroy this for Jamie, that he's going to be in the middle of this.

Emily's pov
When shift was over I drove home to relax and take a nap before I would pick up Jamie around lunch time.

And I'm starting to think about what happened yesterday in Casey's office and how I feel about that.