Chapter 46

Emily's pov
Me and Casey just came home after our shift, we would pick Jamie up later at 2pm. So we had a couple of hours before we are doing that, both me and Casey where kind of tired when we got home so we just wanted to get an hour sleep.

Matt and I walked upstairs to our bedroom, we took off our clothes since we still was wearing our work clothes.
We both was laying down in our bed, and even if I didn't look at Matt I could feel that he was staring at me.

Emily - what is it Matt?

Matt - nothing. Why?

Emily - why are you staring at me?

Matt - can't I stair at my beautiful girlfriend?

Emily - I guess so!

Matt - so I was thinking, since your birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Emily - yeah...

Matt - maybe you and I could do something on your birthday.

Emily - I would like that, but what about Jamie?

Matt - maybe Severide and Shay can have him, or my sister.

Emily - I think Jamie would like to be with Severide and Shay.

Matt - I think that too.

Emily - good, and now Im going to sleep.

I saw that Matt was smiling at me, and I got closer to him and had my head on his chest. And I could feel that he had an arm around me, and then he gave me a kiss to my forehead and I drifted off to sleep.

*
(Three weeks later)
Matt's pov
Emily and I are at the firehouse and our new shift has already started , and tomorrow it is Emily's birthday.
So tomorrow night when we are going out I have a plan and I will ask her to marry me.

Our shift started about half an hour ago, Ambo and squad was already out on a call. And we guys on truck was sitting in common room, and I was thinking if the guys should go out and do some drills.
The guys have been slow for the past two weeks, and the only one who haven't is Peter mills. But I see that he is the only one  trying and proving that he wants to be a firefighter and not only a candidate.

I was looking at the guys and they where just sitting at the table and playing card games with each other, and I just got tired of see them doing nothing.

Matt - okay this is enough, all of you out and do drills.

Herrmann - okay lieutenant!

They all got up from where they where sitting and got out to apparatus floor, they where going to do a couple of drills out on the apparatus floor and then they would do some drills outside until we get a call.

General's pov
Two hours later since shift started, Engine, truck and Ambo got called to a fire in a house where middle age woman was living.

They all came back, and no one was hurt on that call, but they all got a surprised when they came back.

Herrmann - ahh...

Matt - what's the matter, Herrmann?

Herrmann pointed behind Casey, and there came one man who name is Griffin.

Griffin - Matthew Casey. How about that.?

Matt - what are you doing here, Griffin?

Griffin - I'm with internal affairs division now.

Herrmann - what's the IAD doing here?

Otis - CPD too.

Two man came up behind Griffin.