Chapter 23

General's pov
New shift today for Emily, Matt and the rest of the guys. They all have usually shift together, witch makes it all easier for them all.

They all had arrived for there shift, and the first thing they did when they got there. Was to gather in the conference room.

Because Herrmann wanted to talk to them all about something that happened last shift.
So at the table in the front, Emily and Matt was sitting together. And on the other side Mills and Shay was sitting together. And the rest was other way sitting at the other tables or standing up against the wall.

Herrmann - okay do you guys remember last shift about the call, where it was a fire in a bar?

Cruz - yeah...

Mouch - what about it.

Herrmann got them all some paper, that they would need to look in too.

Herrmann - as you can see from the prospectus, the offer on the table fluctuates. Based upon how many of us, get on board with the actual offer. Now, it also entails that the owner be carrying the loan himself.

Mouch - 70 000? He'll never take it.

Herrmann - guys, nothing ventured, nothing gained. If he turns us down, he turns us down. I'm just looking for the 7k in cash, to get the 10% down. Who's in?

Otis - I'm in.

Everyone started to look at Otis when he said he was going to a part of it.

Herrmann - great Otis. All right, look.
Anyone else?
Look, it's a neighborhood bar in Bucktown. We're looking to bring in the new families, that have moved in and have thus far been neglected. You're gonna pass up a deal like this? Mouch?

Mouch - too volatile....

Herrmann - all right, Mouch is out. He thinks the bar is built on a volcano.
Anybody else?

There was a silence for a minute and it seemed like no one wanted to do this with Herrmann or Otis.
But the silence was over, when Emily started to talk.

Emily - I'm in.

Everyone started to look at Emily, like she was crazy about this.

Herrmann - thanks Scott.

Shay - are you crazy?

Emily - what it sounds like fun.

Matt - are you sure?

Emily - I'm sure about this, and I have worked at a bar before.

Matt - you have?

Emily - back in New York I did that.

Bell Truck 81, squad 3 and Ambo 61

***
Emily's pov
It was the next day and shift was over, and I was on my way home. I had a few hours free time, since Jamie is at kindergarten so it also means that I'm home alone.

But I'm just going to home for a few hours, because I'm coming with Matt to his mother's hearing.

Since I would be home alone, I decided to clean the house. And specially Jamie's bedroom, because he have toys everywhere in his room.

I placed all his toys in his plastic boxes that he has in his room, and then I started to change the sheets to his bed.

Three hours later and I was done with cleaning my house, I had decided that I would take a shower and get ready because Matt would be here 11.30am and it was 10.15am and the only reason he would come here is because we would leave together in my car.