Arrival

She swallowed all of her fears, waving after her parents as they waved back out of the vintage black car as they rolled over the gravel away from the manor and ultimately away from her.

There she was standing, a girl of 16 in a light blue dress,

her hair in locks flowing beautifully down her back with an old leather Suitcase and leather boots with little buttons running up on the side

her hair in locks flowing beautifully down her back with an old leather Suitcase and leather boots with little buttons running up on the side. She looked like a doll.

She felt like one too.
As if the child that played with her suddenly grew up and forgot all about her.

She knew that wasn't the case, but she couldn't shake the feeling of loneliness. She picked up her suitcase and turned around.

A tall beautiful Lady stood in the half opened winged hardwood door with beautiful emblems carved into it. Waving her in and welcoming her.

"Hello dear, I'm Miss Helen, one of the staff members." The lady said and smiled as if she already adored her, she didn't know her at all, but it was a really warm feeling, it somehow felt cozy only looking at her.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Josephine Page, but I assume you already know."

"Yes, soon everybody will too, I'm so excited for you to meet the others. I'm sure you'll get along fine after a few weeks! Firstly I'll have to bring you to the headmistress though, she will give you instructions and tell you what happens next."

Miss Helen told her, after that she kept talking to her but she was too consumed by the old stone floor and beautiful windows. Through them Sun was falling in as if it was painted and the curtains flew along with it as if it was choreographed. There were some people around the corner, walking in the next corridor and instantly her heart beated faster.

Helen signaled her to take a turn right to where the people were. Before they could turn she lowered
her gaze and tilted her head a bit downwards to avoid looking at the people and making weird eye contact and inviting them to speak to her.

It was more precaution, she assumed that they wouldn't speak to her now as she was on her way somewhere. As experience showed only going somewhere didn't stop people, so it was only natural for her as she never wanted to make smalltalk anyway.

Taking a vew turns and walking down some corridors they were finally there only a few stairs leading to a half elevated floor and there it was.

Arriving in front of the head mistresses office she was so nervous that her cheeks began to glow due to her uneven breathing, there have been a lot of people in the corridors she had to look down all the time to avoid them.

Helen knocked and as a "Come in" was heard from within Helen look at her with a considerate smile and opened the door and gently led Josephine in, herself waiting outside and leaving Josephine inside alone with the headmistress.