Busy nights

She had heard nothing for a long time and was sure everyone was asleep.

She couldn't hold her tears back any longer, the thoughts had been racing in her head for what felt like hours.

It felt almost good when the tears found their way out and it made her cry even more. Now it wasn't only the thoughts that made her cry, she trapped herself in the good feeling of self-pity that kept her crying.

She pulled her knees towards her chest closing in on paxy, making sure no one could take her form her too.

"Are you okay? " that was Leon, sleeping next to her.

She stopped to cry, acting as if she didn't hear him.

"Are you feeling homesick? It'll get better once you called them. I promise they're all right."

It soothed her a bit, her family had each other they will not have it that hard, she had no one here.

She began to cry again. Leon was feeling guilty making her cry again and reached out with his hand. He softly placed his hand on her head, she didn't move and he took it as if he could continue.

He stroked her head for some time, until both fell asleep, his hand still resting on her head.

He woke up at the crack of dawn. Josephine wasn't there anymore, his hand still on her pillowcase.

The others were still in deep slumber.
He went to her closet, no light, and no one standing on the floor. The wash room was out of question for him.

He got back to their room looking for a goodbye note or something. Even lookinng at the crack behind their bed when he discovered paxy.

That's her sheep right? So she didn't pack her stuff and leave. Then where is she.

The other rooms were out of question she barely wanted to be in one with them. He went to the rooms he knew she was familiar with first. On his way back he checked the common room just to be clear.

As he wanted to leave he saw a ball of blankets and wrapped in them Josephine.

He was concerned. This room w as nt heated during the night, -hopefully she didn't catch a cold - the nights were still chilly.

He removed a few blankets and picked her up. She didn't wake up from that and he admired her face, looking so peaceful and almost happy in comparison to when she was awake, then her face was filled with sorrow and even the most beautiful dresses would make her look like a grieving widdow.

Her head fell towards his arm, making him remember for what he was here.