Promise me?

As nice as it has become it came to an end.

At the end of summer, everyone would receive a letter with a detailed report on their stay.
What would lead to some of the boys to return the next summer over and over.

The ceremony was held in the dining hall. The benches and tables would be carried out or pushed to the side and chairs would fill the room in an orderly fashion.

Family members would attend and reside in town over to fetch their kids the next day.

Most of the students were glad it had come to an end and feared they would be stuck here next year.

Josephine and Leon on the other hand were pretty much devestated.
They wanted to see each other again but they were afraid of Josephine's parents. Rightfully so.

As everyone prepared for departure laughing and joking Josephine and Leon packed their suitcases in silence.

Everyone else got out eventually and they were left alone.
Leon turned to her.

"Josephine, will you tell your parents? "

"About what? Us? I'm not sure.
I think we might have better cards if we don't and magically meet somewhere else. "

"You want me to go for maybe months or years without hearing from you? Without knowing how you are or if you found somebody else!? "

"If we tell them now they'll forbid me from even hearing your name, and be sure they enforce their rules solidly. "

"I'm not sure hiding us will work either.
Is that truly what you want? "
He took her hand and squeezed it lightly, not wanting to loose her while she is still here.

"It's not what I want but our only chance."
She took a step towards him gazing into his eyes, filling up with salty water but never spilling over.

He wrapped his arms around her and so did she.
Over her head he mumbled

"Will you wait for me? "
"If you'll come back to me? "

He pulled away a bit and her heart dropped, but flew high when he leaned down to kiss her.
She kissed him back.
Both clinging on to hope and each other.