Same page

Josephine held out the bathrobe and muffled a Thank you. She heard the boys talk about something outside and that someone had left, after that it was silence.

She sat there for a bit until her heart began to beat slower.

Her mind wandered off to Leons chest, hair to his face and his starlike eyes. - His eyes... what have they seen? Oh my, what have I looked at. Mother and father would be furious! -

She stood up and picked a really casual dress out. It was a light summer dress with an apron attached to it and small embroidery here and there.

She put on some lace up shoes and stepped out of her closet.

"I'm sorry, do any of you know where Leon has gone? "

"He went to search for your robe. Why do you ask? " Damian responded, he didn't know why but his heart felt like it was being poached.

"I have to ask him someth-"

"You can ask me! " Damian interrupted.

Josephine turned to leave and open the door. "No, I can't, it's about earlier.."
She went to leave, opened the door. There she found her robe on the handle and heard the big wooden door of the entrance hall fall shut.

She hung her robe on her closet handle and left, ignoring Damian, who obviously still had his attention on her.

He was jealous that she was so consumed with Leon and almost felt betrayed by him.
-It's just because of the robe. Don't worry yourself, they won't marry each other tomorrow! -

Josephine ran to the door and struggled a bit to pull it open, this time she wasn't pumped with adrenalin from sneaking out and only now realised how heavy this door was.

She slid through the small gap she had created and the sunlight hit her face. She had to close her eyes for a moment.

Slandering around the manor someone surprised her from behind as she walked past a corner.

"Why are you alone here? "

Josephine turned around, frightened she expected a teacher, yet it was Leon and her search complete. Now to the hard part, the talking.

She didn't respond.

"As far as I'm concerned your not allowed to be out alone, and I'm not taking responsibility here. "

Leon made haste to grab her hand and tried to drag her around the corner to the entrance.

"Wait!"

"No, I won't chase you again in the woods"

"I have to talk to you about earlier" Josephine almost blurted out in hopes to stop him.

Leon turned around to her, not letting go of her. Leading to less distance between them.

Josephine noticed and was starteled for a moment. It was like earlier on.

Leon turned to leave again as she whispered,

"You, you didn't see anything, did you?"

Leon blushed a tiny bit and was glad he was turned away or else he would be caught by her as images flew into his mind.

His cheeks got painted rosy

"No.. "

"Me neither.. " she mumbeled

They both knew they were lying, but at least both of them knew that they were on the same page of not telling anyone.

"Come on, I'll take you inside" Leon turned, but Josephine didn't.

"Could you show me around the gardens? I'd like to see if there are flowers."

She loved flowers and plants in general. They were peaceful, sturdy and yet so fragile. Looking at them pulled her into a trance she never wanted to wake up from.

"I guess we have some time. But for now only the ones with walls! "

"Thank you! "

She gifted him the widest smile he could imagine she could make. She looked so happy up to him, she resembled a puppy.

They walked over to an old moss overgrown wall.

As they went to the door, Leon opened it for her and lat go of her hand.

Josephine almost got comfortable with their hands entwined.

Her hand missed his touch.