The opportunity

As she calmed herself down in the closet she discovered even more.
There were shoes of all sorts, hats, hair accessories, make up and everything else you could think of.

At home she was worried why she couldn't pack any clothes at all but now she didn't mind, she just hoped they fit her.

She got her suitcase and put it on a little  stool in the corner and unpacked.

With her she had books, a little chess board, pictures of her family and more.

There also was her favorite teddy, it was a sheep, completely covered in white wool and so soft it felt like clouds looked.
It was named Paxy.

She wanted to bring it to her bed, for emotional support but she felt a little sheepish showing up with a teddy in front of complete strangers.

She promised Paxy she would get her as soon as everyone was asleep.

Then she went into the room.

Henry and Leon were laying in their beds sleeping or reading. Damian and Maximilian were sitting at the table not being able to see her.

She was mad about already unpacking or else she could just take her suitcase and leave, but now there was no time to waist. They could send it after her.

On her way here she saw a little town near by, she would sneak out and walk until there then she would call her cousin to pick her up and her parents would finally understand how serious she was about not wanting to be there.

She prayed that the hinges of the door where oiled, although they looked ancient.

They didn't make a noise, to her surprise, and she slipped right through. Hoping no one would see her she stood on the corridor and walked to the next corner.

No one in sight, she made her way to the door. pushed down the handle, opened and closed it so fast and silent she contemplated if she was loosing her hearing.

No one had seen her and with high spirits she ran down the steps and couldn't hold herself on the last step as she realised the gravel.

Her feet hit the ground and she now knew she didn't loose her hearing.

Neither didn't Damian and Maximilian, standing up and looking out the window in shock.

Everyone was frozen for a second, staring at each other, then the two boys ran out the Room getting Leon's and Henry's attentionand soon they appeared at the window too.

They got to the window just to see Josephine from behind, she took off as soon as the boys began to run.

Leon and Henry slipped on tbeir shoes and Leon jumped out the window in time to hit the garvel just as the other two boys came out the front door.

If Josephine escaped, even just for a short time, and word got out all of them would face repercussions. Worse if she really got away.

It was their job to keep her here for now, but if she disappeared completely no one could imagine what would happen to such a young child all alone.

Josephine didn't know why she was able to run this fast, most likely the adrenaline doing it's job due to being chased by 4 boys.

She ran near the forest making the boys run even faster, they would loose her soon in there.

Leon was the fastest and as Josephine entered the forest he was just a few steps behind.

She tried to run in a zigzag pattern hoping to shake Leon off like a gazelle a Lion.

As she looked back to see if it had its desired effect, she tripped over a root making her stumble and fall.