Dancing lessons

they opened the door and the boys looked dashing.
They wore suits and ties.

Helen was a bit shy around them now that she was all dressed up.

Josephine wondered how old everyone here was, maybe there'd be a match for Helen.

Leon and Henry had already dressed and waited on the others that were tieing their shoes. Leon and Henry went up to the girls and asked them to escorted them to the Ballroom.
Josephine almost refused but Helen gave her a Stirn look and she took Leon's hand.
-Why him, I hope he doesn't bring up tonight-

As they endt into the Ballroom half of the boys were already there. They were startled and began to whisper. They didn't recognize Helen at all.

The lesson began as everyone was here and the Dance teacher began to welcome everyone.
He showed a few steps and everyone had to do it without music after that he'd put a record on and we danced one or two songs.

As I walked in with Leon I had to dance with him too. Henry danced with Helen, they looked lovely. The other boys were switching between being in the position of the girl and the boy, this made them better dancers as they understood how it felt to be on the other skde and which signals to give.

Everyone had light conversations, except Leon and Josephine. They didn't talk for a few dances and as a slow song came on where heads weren't far away he asked her:"How have you been this morning? " he smiled down at her, it wasn't a cocky one it was sincere.

"Better, Thank you! " She felt like he deserved it after making sure no one would punish her for being out of the room so late.

Leon was at peace knowing it had helped her. "Have you danced before, you're good at it. "

"I have, you also aren't learning this right now? " Josephine was quite pleased with him. His hand was where it was supposed to be and his arm was not wobbling around. The tension in his arm gave her security as to know what could come next.

"Yes. May I? "
Without asking he began to move through the room, still doing the base steps.
After a few rounds he began to implement more complicated steps and one or two figures.

It felt almost like flying. This, this was bringing so much joy to Josephine she began to smile, her eyes were closed and she was completely lost in the movement.

Helen had noticed. She also noticed how Leon admired her. They both looked so peaceful he had gone over to the dance teacher and asked him to play a similar song afterwards so they could keep dancing like this. He saw how good it was for them. The passion and peace he also saw in dance. He played even two songs after the first had ended.

Everyone looked at them as they danced between them.

Everything was forgotten for the short amount of three songs. The crying, the running away even her family she dearly missed where a second thought in this moment.