Blending in

-What dress should I wear for now?- She asked herself not wanting to think about Leon waiting for her.

She wanted to blend in as much as possible to avoid more boys staring at her.

The boys wore wide dress pants with dress shirts loosely tucked in with suspenders over it. Most of them wore ties, and when they wore it not tight and 2 buttons open on the shirts. Real casual.

She picked out a Dress with a blouse like upper half and a wide skirt hitting below the knee. It was a brownish colour blending in with the pants of the boys. A white west and a Ribbon beneath the collar tied in a bow with long end pieces.
Little flat mary Jane shoes and a Ribbon in her hair completed the look.

She sat in her closet for a while. She then decided to check out her bed and where she could hide paxy during the day.

As she stepped out she thought maybe Leon still sat there next to the door, but he wasn't, - why would he wait for me?-

She closed the door and almost got a heart attack. Henry was standing right behind it, leaning at the door to the corridor, staring right at her with a grin.

It seemed to amuse him that she jumped a little when she was surprised.

She knew why he was standing there, so she wouldn't sneak out again.

As she turned to walk around the corner she noted "Don't worry about me".

He chuckled and teased her "Right, like earlier. I'm not convinced you won't try again"

"for now, yes" Josephine added as she turned around the corner.

Henry looked at Leon who was changing in their area behind a piece of wall and heard everything, now sticking out his head and exchange a few whispers.

Josephine heard that Henry was talking to someone but she didn't care.

A clock on the wall showed the time, already half past 4.

She stood behind Damians chair inspecting the two beds that were given to her.

She had seen a night gown earlier in her closet and something different didn't seem to be acceptable for a young lady in this stupid manor.

So the top bed fell out of the equation. Sneaking out would also be way harder. The beds were build out of wood and would surely make noise as she climbed the ladder or turned around in her bed as to get to the opening for the ladder.

Sleeping with her head to the door felt like a tactical disadvantage, it would be way louder when someone would come in; also, less privacy.

Then she had to sleep with her head to the bed of one of the boys. To her misfortune the pillow of the bed next to her was set in her direction.

Josephine was so, not, happy about that.

She sat down on the brink of the bed and leaned to the wall looking for a small gap to put paxy. There was one but maybe she'd just put her underneath her pillow.

As she stood up Miss Helen walked in and announced that it would be tea time and everyone should gather in the dining hall.

As she saw Josephine she complemented her "You look as if you fit right in, lovely"

Josephine forced herself to a slight smile.
It was her intention to look that way, but it didnt meant she liked it.

As Helen left, Damian walked up to Josephine and asked her:"May I escort you to the hall Miss Page?", while holding his arm for her to lay her hand in.

She looked a bit confused, but laid her hand in his arm.

"Is this how we are suppose to act?"

Damian held the door for her as he guided her through it answering her question with a "only when we're being watched" and leaving the rest of the boys back dumbfounded, they didn't think it could be that easy to make her do something by only asking for it.

They were somewhat right, she only agreed to walk with Damian to be one of the first to sit down and wouldn't be stared at when walking in.