The garden

She took in the view that blessed her eyes. The garden wasn't organized in rows or strictly cut back.

It flowed naturally and there was a lot of biodiversity. Bees were whirring around und bumblebees hopped from flower to flower.

Josephine opened her arms as if she would hug the garden and took a deep breath closing her eyes, deeply taking in the scent of the garden.

She stood still for a few seconds.

Leon looked at her from behind. -She almost looks like one of the flowers-, he was of the opinion that she belonged into this garden.

He took a few steps towards her and reached out for her hand. He thought he would startle her and she would pull her hand away, but she didn't.

In fact she began to smile even more. She remembered that she only knew this boy for a few days and earlier on she would've screamed at herself to get a grip but this was just too good to let it go.

She squeezed his hand and turned her head to him smiling directly at her.

Leon blushed again. "If you blush again the bees might think your a flower too", Josephine giggled at him.

"Do you want me to show you around? At the end there's a tree, with a swing even."

"That'd be lovely! "

They walked around on a stone path. Leon walked in front of her and Josephine took some stops to crouch down to help a bumblebee not to fall out of a flower or just admiring all the details and work mother nature has put into her creations. After she had finished she skipped from stone to stone.

After a bit of grass she bumped into Leon who had more or less suddenly stopped to look after her.

She stumbled back and Leon grabbed her around the waist to not let her hit the ground. She held her nose, to stop it from hurting.

"Are you okay? "

"I'm fine I guess... is it crooked? "

Leon bowed down and looked closer at her nose.

"No, just the normal amount" he teased her.

"It's never been crooked, you liar" she playfully scoffed at him.

"Then do you want to sit on the swing?"

He didn't need to ask as she saw she practically flew at it and began to rock back and forth using her feet to give her a bit of speed to build up on.

"Let me do that! "

Leon placed his hands on the side of the board and gave her a push that was slightly too hard. She had to grab onto the rope tighter as to not fall off.

They forgot time and only noticed they were late for tea when a few teachers and Miss Helen came out looking and calling out for them.

Leon stopped the swing and Josephine looked worried back at him.

"Are we in big trouble?"

"We can only pray Lady Lianne has a decent day. "