At last

Months had passed of only writing letters and dreaming of the past and future for both of them.

Josephine often sat on a swing in the backyard reading his letters over and over again.
Imagening his voice humming them like poetry.

Her brother called out for her to get in, but she didn't hear. In her world she was dancing in the middle of the night in Leon's arms. The summer breeze kissing them as they swing through the grass.

She didnt notice her brother had made her way towards her through the grass until he was only a few steps away.

Sfartled she hid Leon's letter behind her back as she sprung up.

"I called you five times already. Come inside." He waited for her to move.

When she didn't he tried to hook his arm in hers to get to walk but she pulled away.

"Are you hiding something? " He tried to grab behind her.

"No, nothing of your concerned. Move on, will you? " She took a step back.

"Alright." He played along.
Only to attack her when they were on the porch.

"A letter? Is it from that boy again? What's his name? Leon? "
Josephine tried to get it back but her older brother held it over them way too high for her to reach.

"You know you're not allowed to converse with him! "

"Give it back, he's everything you could wish to be. " She tried to pull his arm down when a hand grabbed it from her brothers hand.

Their father now held the letter in his hands and she froze.
"Please leave us alone. " He addressed his son.

Then he opened the letter and read it. With every line he got angrier.
The last line seemed to be the last drop. - In deep love, Leon-
"Josephine, didn't I forbid you to write this silly boy. " He scoffed.

"Yes, but you don't even-"
She started but was interrupted.

"I can't take this anymore. I have arranged for us to make an appearance at a gathering where you will meet better companions as this one. " He stuffed the letter in his pocket and walked off.

Shocked and full of despair she ran up to her room, willing to never leave it again if it wasn't to see Leon again.
The many letters they wrote each other over the time, only made them want to spend the rest of their lives together even more.

Three days later her mother came in with a beautiful dress and hair pins.
The whole way there she didn't say a word.

She had learned that her father already arranged a friend's son to accompany her for the evening and she felt like she was betraying Leon and herself.

She got out and walked in with her brother right behind her parents.
They greeted everyone and Josephine played the perfect daughter by default.
Feeling like she gad greeted the whole entire world she had to catch her breath before repeating the same conversation again.

As she was excusing herself and leaving for a balcony.
Her father put his arm around her whispering " only one more left my friend and his son have finally arrived."

Dread filled her as she turned with her father to face shat she believed to be the end of her freedom.

That's when she finally saw him again.

Leon.

A/N

At last... I finished this story. It kept me distracted during hard times and I finally got to finish it.

I hope it brings you comfort the way it did me.

Love Illinija