Chapter 13

4/11/2015

 Chapter 13 (Not Edited so be nice)

Ebony

"Ebony, order up." Josh the cook yelled from the back as I made my way to the pick up window. I had been working at Meg's Diner for over a month now in South Carolina. When I told the guy at the bus station anywhere, I wasn't expecting South Carolina. After I got off the bus I started questioning my decision to leave. I left behind my family that was probably worried sick about me, after all I did leave without any explanation. Jaiden, well it's not like he cared, he's probably enjoying his freedom. After I had got on the bus I wasn't sure of my next move, I remembered resting my head against the glass and watched as the town faded away. "You look like you have a lot on your mind?" A voice next to me made me sat up. The woman next to me held out her hand. "Hi I'm Meg." She reminded of a young Coretta Scott King, she was really beautiful.

"Hi i'm Ebony." I shook her hand and than looked back out the window.

"If you don't mind me asking but how far along are you?" She pointed to my stomach. I covered it with my hand and took in her scent, she was human so my two months to her looked more like four, I decided to lie to keep her from asking questions.

"I'm almost five months." I smiled rubbing my baby bump.

"Congratulations, I always wanted kids but I guess now is not the right time for my husband and I. We just opened a diner and it's taking up all of our time, but one day we will have our own family." She had a huge smile on her face just talking about her future.

I smiled at her. "I'm sure you will." I was ashamed of myself because I was sad about having this baby and here was a women that was excited about wanted her own. "How long have you and your husband been married?" I turned in my seat to face her.

"Darwin and I have been married for eight years but we dated two years before we got married. Call me corny but it was love at first sight, that man still gives me butterflies" She actually giggled that last part. We laughed and talked the whole ride to South Carolina. We arrived at the bus stop and when she noticed I had no where to go she and her husband Darwin took me in and gave me a job. I actually wasn't doing to bad for myself, the money that I already had saved and the tips from waiting tables I was able to find a cute apartment not to far away from the diner. You would be amazed at the amount of tips people leave you, when they notice a big belly and a ring less wedding finger. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't have my moments when I don't think about calling home, but if I do their going to want to know where I am and I'm sure by now Reid has told Jaiden about the baby. I let out a deep breath "The baby." I found out their is a pack a couple of miles away from here, my plans are to introduce myself to their Alpha and asked for assistant for when I go into labor.

"Hi Ebony." A regular named Chris greeted me as I walked up to his table to take his order. I'm not going to lie and say that Chris is ugly cause baby boy was far from it, he could actually give Jaiden a run for his money.

"Hi Chris, what can I get for you today?" I pulled out my order pad to take his order.

"Your number."

"We do this everyday. Do you not notice this big belly in front of me." I rubbed my stomach laughing, he's always asking me for my phone number or out on a date.

"I see it, but I also don't see no husband or boyfriend around here."

"Why are you hitting on a pregnant girl. Look around this place Chris, there are a lot of beautiful girls here." I pointed over to Alexis and she smiled waving at Chris, he waved back.