His Mark On Me Chapter 3

4/10/2014

Chapter 3  

         Please not this Book will not be Edited until it is finished. Thank you, MrsCassey

Ebony:

I walked to my locker and saw balloons and streamers taped to it. Janae was holding flowers and a gift bag. 

"Why didn't you tell me yesterday was your birthday?" 

"Cause it's not a big deal." I took the bag from her hand and pulled out my gift. "Thank you for the dress." I held it up and noticed it was missing a lot of material. "How did you know it was my birthday?" 

"Your brother told me, by the way he is a cutie." She locked arms with me as we walked to class. "So Ebony your eighteen now which means you should be finding your mate soon." 

"I don't think that's going to happen."  She gave me a look with pain in it. "It's ok Janae i'm not worried about finding him."  I lied to my new friend, since last night all I've been thinking about is Jaiden, when I woke up I was in my bed naked from shifting back.

"When you do Ebony, it's going to be so beautiful." She had pain in her voice. 

"Janae have you found your mate?"

"His name was Ali, the moon goddess gave me three wonderful weeks with him before she took him. Ali was a human born with a weak heart but it was the best three weeks of my life." She started crying and i hugged her. Even thought she was going through pain from it i was still envious of her three weeks, she had found love and i wanted that. "Sorry for crying, we should get to class."

"Thank you for the dress i really like it."

"Good because your wearing it tonight we are all going out to this club in the city. But we have to be careful this club also has humans." 

"Humans?" I felt my heart racing i always loved to mingle with humans. 

"Yes, so please do not shift in front of them." 

I promised her i wouldn't, to be honest after last night i hated shifting the sound of my bones breaking and the pain that came with it made me sick to my stomach. When i was little my father took me to see a specialist because i refused to speak with my inner wolf. It's not that i don't like her, it's just that i want to be the only one in control of my body. But lately that was becoming hard to do. My wolf was craving Jaiden's touch and the feel of his mouth on me, but he doesn't want me so i have to move on and she's just gonna have to deal with it.

After school i made my way to my dad's office at the clinic, this was the first time since we moved here that i visited him. Walking down the long hallway i came to a halt as i bumped into what felt like a wall, instead i looked up into a pair of light brown eyes. I swear i've seen these eyes before, they were trouble. "Sorry." I lowered my head and starred down at the ground. 

"It's ok, i wasn't paying much attention. I'm Reid." He stuck out his hand and i shook it. 

"I'm Ebony nice to meet you. Do you work here i was looking for my fathers office."  I watched as a group of women walked past us and bowed their heads in respect.

"No i don't work here i'm a patient. Maybe i could still help, who's your father?" 

"Dr. Butler."

"Aw yea the new doc, i know where his office is come on." He placed his hand in the middle of my back and led me down the hallway. While we were walking people kept starring at us and it was making me uncomfortable. As if sensing my nervousness Reid draped his arm around my shoulder.