Chapter 20/ Day Four

11/21/2015

                                                     Chapter 20/ Day Four 

Jaiden: 

"She smelled Natalie on last night." Reid blurted out as we made rounds, I paused hearing his words. 

"How do you know?" 

"She asked if I noticed your scent was different last night. You know she can smell it now that her wolf is coming back." 

"Shit, I forgot to shower before we went to bed. I should of known from the way she was acting this morning. She was quiet said the baby was hungry so she got out of bed early." I stopped to sniff the air, Janae was close by, she was suppose to keep Ebony company for Reid. 

"How do you do it J?" Reid stood beside me looking off into the lake. "Wake up morning, counting down the days."

"I don't Reid. A piece of me dies every morning. Let's do one more round before we head back." I took off leaving him in my dust. 

Ebony: 

I sat at the table waiting for Janae to come, i had gave her a list of Items I was craving. The most important item was a delicious Snicker's Bar. My stomach growled as I smelled her scent coming towards the front door. I greeted her with a smile on my face taking the bags from her hands. "I love you so much Janae." I started taking items out of the bags. "Where is my Snicker's?" I whined pouring it all out on the table. 

"Get it out of my purse, I gotta go pee." Janae yelled running up the stairs. 

"I swear you pee more than me." I yelled picking up her purse. "Are you sure your not pregnant?" 

"You have to have sex to get pregnant Eb." She yelled back. 

"Than what were you and Reid doing the other night?" I found my Snickers and also a gold and black invitation. Pulling it out I read the cursive writing. "Alpha Jaiden Henderson request your presence to his unity to Natalie Jones." That was all I needed to read. 

"It definitely wasn't sex, more like foreplay." She came back down and stood beside me. "Oh didn't you know? Natalie was handing these out today, their getting married next month." She took it out of my hand and read it over. "Ebony you okay?" She laid her hand on my shoulder and I gave her a smile. 

"I'm not feeling well, you should probably go" 

"You sure, cause Reid asked me to stay with you." 

"Yea you should go, i'm just going to go lay down." I was trying real hard to hold back the tears. 

"Okay, call me if you need me." She picked up her purse and headed for the door. 

"Janae." I called out to her stopping her at the door. "Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for not judging me and giving me a chance when I first got here." I started crying "I love you Janae, please promise me that you will take care of Reid for me." 

"I love you too and I promise, Eb what's wrong." 

"Nothing, just my hormones." I hugged her again. 

I smelled him and than I heard him coming through the front door. I stood to my feet with the invitation clutched in my hand. Reid came in first and than paused as he saw my luggage by the door. His eyes fell to the floor realizing what was about to happen next. Jaiden followed in next and paused next to Reid. "No." Jaiden shouted as his eyes turned black. "We still have three days." He made his way over to me. I handed him the Invite and he crumbled it up throwing it to the ground. Reid walked back out the door leaving us alone.  

"Do you love her?" I had to know.

"No." He tried to grab my hand, but I refused him. 

"Is she pregnant too?" 

"No." 

I felt somewhat relieved but it was short lived. "But she will be one day. She will get to carry your pup and raise it with you. While I go into hiding with my child that will never get to know you." 

"No, she will never carry my pup." 

"Please stop lying to me Jaiden." I yelled wiping my eyes. "My father was right, all we were doing was sitting here playing house. For days I really wanted all of this to mean something to you, but this really was all for nothing Jaiden." 

"Don't say that. All of this means everything to me. Your my mate damn it." 

"But she's going to be your wife." I turned my back to him because I couldn't stand the sight of him. "For days I have been trying to figure out where to go and what to do next, And you were planing your wedding. I'm really trying to hold on to what little pride I have left but it's fading fast. I can't stay here any longer." 

He wrapped his arms around me holding me tight to his chest. "Don't go please baby, don't leave me. I love you Ebony." 

I closed my eyes knowing I was going to have to be the one to do this. I turned in his arms and looked into those eye beautiful eyes I had fallen in love with. "I love you to." I kissed him as I pulled myself from his grip. "I Ebony Butler reject you Alpha Jaiden Henderson as my mate." He fell to his knees crying in front of me. 

"Please, please three more days, please." He kept saying over and over grabbing his chest. 

Walking out side I saw Reid loading my bags in the trunk of his car. He slammed it shut and looked up at me with red eyes. "I don't need a ride I was going to walk to the bus stop." I managed to get out in between tears. 

"Take my car, I don't want you two out wondering the streets." He touched my stomach "I talked to my brother in law and he said it was ok to come there and deliver when it's time. I guess this is it, the final goodbye." 

I hugged him holding on for dear life. "I love you Reid." We heard a howl in the back of the house. "Take care of him for me." 

He nodded his head and than kissed my forehead. "Goodbye my little red ridding hood." 

"Goodbye my big bad wolf." I release him and climbed into the drivers seat and took off. I had to do it one last time before I left my heart was leading me there. I parked outside my family home and saw the lights on showing they were all home, I closed my eye saying good bye to them and drove away out of black moon territory. 

For hours I drove crying and feeling sorry for myself I decided to go back to South Carolina for a while. My plan was to stick around long enough to have my baby and make some extra money at Meg's dinner and when I had enough I would leave and settle down some place far from here. I still had my apartment and some money saved all I needed was to make it there. Pulling over I got out to get some gas and snacks, I walked up and down the aisle grabbing chip cookies and juice just to tie me over for my drive. I paid for my gas and food and walked back out to the car. 

"That's a nice car." A man said from behind me. 

"Thank you." I kept pumping gas. 

"What year is this?" 

"Not sure." I tried to ignore him. 

"I bet the trunk is big." He said 

"What?" I turned but was met with Darkness and he held something over my mouth, knocking me out. 

                        **** Please remember to Vote and Comment ****

All Rights Reserved By: MrsCassey      

 COPYRIGHT(c) MrsCassey