Chapter 17 "Free day-Day One"

8/26/2015

Chapter 17 Free Day/Day One

Ebony:

I walked down to the kitchen smiling as my stomach started growling from the smell of food. Just like he promised Jaiden was in the kitchen cooking us dinner. I stood in the door way admiring his back side, I loved the way the muscles in his arms flexed as he would pick up an item and the way his body shook as he steered whatever was in that pot.

"Like what you see?" He called over his shoulder.

"I like what I smell." I moved closer and took a peek over his shoulder. "Um I love spaghetti."

"So do I, sit down while I make our plates."

I moved over to the table and waited for him to finish up. A lot of things were running through my mind. I needed to figure out were I was going after I left here. I also needed to come to terms again that i am in this on my own.

"What are you thinking about?" Jaiden sat my plate down in front of me. The delicious smell made me smile, not only did he make spaghetti but he also made a salad and garlic bread.

"Nothing." I gave him a fake smile.

He shook his head. "Please tell me." He sat down next to me.

"Is this considered day one?"

"No." He took a bite of his food.

"So today is a free day?"

"Yes." He gave me another short answer. He put down his fork and turn so he was facing me, grabbing my hands he pulled them to his chest. "Are you changing your mind?"

"No, I just wanted to know. Your heart is beating fast."

He smiled. "It's because I was scared you had changed your mind." He kissed my knuckles. "Please eat and feed our baby."

My heart fluttered at the word our. There is no our, only a mine but I'll let him enjoy this moment. We ate in silence and I closed my eyes sucking in a noodle, I glanced up and saw Jaiden looking at me.

"What?"

"I love you Ebony."

I smiled contemplating on weather I should say it back or not. "I love you too." He leaned forward and kissed me, with so much passion i had almost forgotten my name. Thank God this was not considered as day One.

Day 1

I woke up to the feel of tingles all over my body, I smiled knowing where they were coming from. Last night after dinner I was feeling pretty tired, and wanted to lay down. Jaiden had walked me upstairs to the master bedroom and told me to let him know if I needed anything, so before he could walk away I asked him to join me. All I wanted was to feel him next to me, and to hold me. I know it's not forever but nothing lasts forever right? You know those love songs were they talk about falling all over in love with that person everyday? This is how I'm feeling with Jaiden, he will be the only man I will ever truly love. Last night he took me into his arms and I placed my head on his beating heart. We didn't say anything but I know we were both thinking something.

"Ebony, do me a favor." He kissed the top of my head.

"What is it?"

"Please don't go back to where Reid found you. One day my wolf is going to take over and he will come there to find you and my pup."