Chapter 4

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 4:

-Jane's POV-

I was frozen in my spot, the leftover tears of fear still blurring in my eyes as the man was giving Harry a menacing look.

"I guess some other time, babe." He slurs lastly, shoving me hardly over to Harry as I stumbled forward to him, wincing at the impact of the shove. Another warm body grazed me in their arms instead, squeezing my arm in reassurance as I looked up at the boy, seeing it had been nobody else but Harry.

The man leaves, literally tripping every few steps he made. I quietly sobbed, scared as hell. That has literally never happened to me before.. Some stranger just touching me and feeling me up.

I bit my lip to fight back sobs as I cried into this boy's chest, not really giving a shit about why or what he was to me.

By the look on his face, he didn't really know what to do either, but he carefully wrapped me in an awkward hug.

"Are you.. Umm. Are you okay?" He gets himself to say, clearing his throat awkwardly once again.

I sigh shakily, stubbornly pulling away from the hug, as I wiped at my eyes. "Fine." I answered reluctantly, shrugging.

"I know how you feel." He nods.

"No you don't." I grumbled, shaking my head, sniffling slightly.

"Do I get a thank you?" He asks, smirking.

"No," I rolled my eyes, still being stubborn, not wanting any type of 'relation' with the boy in front of me.

He frowned.

Well if you think of it.. He saved me from getting raped by a drunken man..

We awkwardly walked side by side down the street as I stared at nothing. Well we kept our distance, nothing of brushing shoulders or anything of the sort.

"Thank you." I murmured shyly as we turned a corner. I looked down at my hands, fiddling with my fingers.

"What was that?" He teased, cupping a hand to his ear as I shot him a glare.

"Don't push it, Styles." I grumbled.

"No, I kind of didn't hear you there." He smirked, shoving his hands into his pockets as we continued walking, except I quickened my pace. I mean only because I was nervous.

"I said it once, not going to say it again." I rolled my eyes.

He ruffled his curls, sweeping them to the side at the end as he glares back at me. "You'll start thanking me more often."

I laughed."Pfft. Thanking, you? I don't think so."

"Still hate you." He smirked, cocking an eyebrow.

"And you think something's changed? Uh, no." I retorted.

Once we had reached the coffee shop that I was supposed to meet El at, I stopped in a halt, brushing my hands over my jeans. "Well this is my stop."

"Okay, bye." He waves carelessly.

We awkwardly went our separate ways as I was about to walk into the coffee place, but Harry stopped me.