Chapter 30

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 30:

-Jane's POV-

"I'm sorry, if I.. Scared you." He fidgets, avoiding eye contact as we stood in the middle of the lounge.

I shook my head, not really wanting to talk to him. I mean I said yes to listening to his bull. But I mean talking to him? Now that is just to much.

He rose an eyebrow, waiting for me to speak.

I sighed. "You don't scare me. I've seen someone beat the shit out of someone else before."

Harry nods once.

"Well why the hell would you do that?" I asked quietly.

It was silent, Harry just staring out into nothing. As if he was thinking so hard.

I set a hand on my hip, waiting on.

"Harry, you know if----"

"Jane. Henderson was cheating on you. He.. He err used you." Harry blurted out, cutting me off.

I narrowed my eyes, not really believing what he was saying. "You're lying." I shook my head. "He wouldn't do that."

"Jane, he did. He said it himself! Would you please just believe me." He pleaded. "He was with other girls, the same time he's been with you. Who the hell knows where his dick's been?!"

"Oh my god!" I shout, throwing my hands up in frustration. "Harry how the hell am I supposed to believe you!"

People say the past is the past. But the truth be told, the past may have been then. But Harry still remained the same, no matter how may years has passed. He's still a player, a liar, and a cheater. Somehow, I've discovered a different side to him. But now that was a different situation. A situation I had to ignore.

"Jane, please! Henderson is the fucking liar, and he's evil to just.. Do something like that!"

I chuckled fakely. "Wow, like you've never done that before! If you are telling the truth, then what's the difference? Nothing will change!" 

His breathing was heavy, me staring into his green eyes.

"I know that I have Jane, and I know that he has as well." He grumbled, his curls hanging low.

"Then why are you still here talking to me?!" I rose my voice.

"Because I'm sorry. So fucking sorry. And I want you to know that.." He paused.

I knew where this was heading.. And I didn't like it. I was about to turn around and chicken out, but words started to leave his mouth.

"Jane you are the most prettiest girl I've ever met, aside from others back in high school. You are the most sassiest and the most sarcastic, which is what keeps me wanting more. You're sweet, and you have such a pretty smile, the way you have this sort of control over me is just sickening, but all I want is to stay as close to you as possible and never leave. I love the way how you can just roll your eyes at me and I'll be pissed. I love how you piss me off and I piss you off back. I want you so fucking badly, and it isn't just in bed. I want you." It seems as if he says it all in one breath, as he breathes in, closing his eyes.

My mouth hung open, completely shocked. He just said all of that?.. Or was it just an illusion?

"Harry, I----"