Chapter 7

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 7:

-Jane's POV-

I was sat on his couch, observing his living room. Pictures filled the walls, of him and some of his family.

I walked up to the pictures, my eyes travelling over some when he was a kid with some girl. I think it was his sister, considering how much they looked alike.

One apparently caught my eye, one of him with a girl. This one looked like it came from high school, my eyebrows furrowing.

He looked so happy with her. The girl following the looks.

I hadn't noticed Harry, until he cleared his throat from behind me.

I twirled around, giving him a questioning glare.

His eyes travelled from the picture, and then back to me.

"Do you want anything?" He asked.

"Ermm, no. I think it's time I got back home." I shifted my posture slightly, glaring back at the boy.

"Okay. Erm, I'll see you soon?"

"I don't know about that." I chuckled lightly, referring to the part where I said I never wanted to see him again.

He nods. "I get it. I'm a 'dickhead'" He puts air quotes on what I told him a few days ago.

I smirked. "And I'm a 'bitch'." I follow on what he's saying. Harry smirked.

"Bye," He waves.

I nod once, placing my hands in my pockets as I made my way back to the door. My curiosity dug into my mind, as I stopped in a halt.

"Who was that girl in the picture?" The words left my mouth without control.

His face changed, almost immediately. Anger building up in his eyes too, in the process. "Why the hell are you so nosy?" He snapped.

"I-I was just asking.." I furrowed my eyebrows. Obviously this was a touchy subject for him. Why?

I turned back around, finding tears in his eyes. My lips slightly parted to speak words, but none came out.

He sniffled, trying to not make it obvious he was crying, but I think it was a bit to late for that.

I awkwardly, walked up to him, trying to analyze his features.

"What happened." I whispered quietly.

I let him cry for a minute, not really knowing what to do as he breathed out a sigh, shaking his head. "Come with me," He goes.

I follow him back into his living room as we sat back on his couch.

"Her name is Anna."

I nod once, motioning for him to continue.

"Well.. I-I loved the girl. She reminded me of you a lot, because she really didn't fit into the crowd her first day at high school. But I kind of saw her differently, and the feeling was a bit mutual. We.. We had this thing together, but I would never tell any of my friends because they would just make fun of me and make fun of her as well. And I didn't want that." He explained.

I was listening. I couldn't believe that I was actually listening to what he was saying. This was honestly the first time ever since whatever happened between us. If there was actually an us.

"It turns out.. My friends have been bullying her, not telling me about it. I fell in love with her, I really did.. She.. S-she got shot by one of my friends by accident. T-they were just playing around with her, and then.." Tears collected in his eyes again, burrying his face in his hands as I could hear his quiet sobs.