Chapter 36

Sleeping With The Enemy

Chapter 36:

-Harry's POV-

Just kissing her and knowing she kissed back made me happy and contained.

Something just snapped inside of me, something good.

I promised her that I wouldn't change for anything, and stay true to myself no mattter what. And I was going to keep that.

For Jane, only.

"Mate, what she say?" Louis asks, El just giving me a disgusted look. She probably figured out what I did obviously. I'd look at myself that way as well, though.

I didn't answer, glumly shrugging as I walked past them.

"Harry, wait." Niall's voice stopped me as I turned around.

"She does love you, mate." He nods, smiling weakly.

I stayed silent. "Then why would she leave?" I said quietly as I sighed, turning back to the direction I was going.

I hopped into my car, not looking back. I just wanted to get the fuck out of here.

-Jane's POV-

I sighed, leaning my head back on the comfy airplane seat. My fingertips touched my lips slightly, still somehow feeling the presence of Harry's lips on mine.

Sneaking my phone out, I looked at the screen. I haven't checked my phone ever since yesterday.

Unlocking it, I see that I have 2 unread texts and 1 missed call.

Seeing the call, it turns it out it was from an unknown number. I decided to hear the voicemail this person left for me.

"Hi, Jane. This is Harry. You probably won't want to be hearing my voice right now, but if you're listening..I want you know I never wanted any of this to become so huge. I never wanted you to be angry with me. I heard you were gonna be moving in with your mum in America.." His voice shook at that sentence as I bit my lip.

"I just want you to know that I respect whatever choice you make, as long as it's reasonable. Please.. I really do hope you forgive me someday. And I wish I could forgive you too. I already did though. Bye, Jane. I.. I think I.." He couldn't get the right words out. "Never mind. Bye." He said straightly with a sigh before he hung up.

Tears collected in my eyes as I held my breath, fluttering my eyes closed.

If I somehow got myself to talk to him yesterday, there would still be a possibility of me staying. But considering he came in literally five minutes until my plane left, now I don't know.

But it was enough time for him to get the words he needed to say out. And that was all I needed as of now. I understood him, he understood me. That was that. And I urged myself to move on, finally.

Looking at the text messages, one was from El which I saved for me to read later, and another one from Harry.

"Jane, I really wish you hadn't left yet. I'm coming over there to stop you from leaving. I can't let you. -Harry xx"