Jennie | meeting the queen bee

It was your first day at your new school. You were quite nervous despite being your overly confident self, around your closest friends of course. You tried to reassure yourself. A new school means a fresh start.

"Y/n! Get your couch potato ass down here before you walk yourself to school! Which wouldn't be too bad since it would humble your 'amazing' personality," my older brother, Jin, of course had to yell at me the first thing in the morning. 

"Alright! I'm coming!" I yelled back. I went down the stairs in an angry manner and glared at him when I saw him dressed up in a banana onesie. 

"Look at me. I'm a banana. Being the smart ass I am, I did a lot of thinking this morning and I think it's only fair that you suffer on your first day of school, starting with your hilarious brother embarrassing you at the parking lot," he did a weird dance after emphasizing the word 'hilarious'. 

I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior. "I don't understand why mom can't take me to school. Then, I wouldn't have to deal with you for a whole 10 minutes." He started to speak but I just pushed past him and went to the car.

"I should seriously make you walk to school," he muttered.

------------------------------------------------------------

TIME SKIP: ARRIVING AT THE SCHOOL (the word school gives me trauma istg)

Jin pulled up at the student parking lot and already attracted so much attention. He stuck his head out the window and started singing. I rushed out of the car and avoided any eye contact with everyone. 

"Have fun my sweet sister! Aaaaah you're so grown up now." Jin pretended to cry which resulted in even more people staring at him, which of course he didn't mind since he takes a lot of pride in his wwh worldwide handsome face. 

After that comment, I ran into the hallway. Being a stupid person, I had to bump into someone on the way in. We both grunted as we fell down. My books fell out of my bag and the other person hit the locker. I packed up my stuff and looked at the person, "My bad, I thought looking at the floor was more interesting than watching people." I bumped into a female student. She had long brown hair with a small face. Her cheerleading uniform makes her look gorgeous that I couldn't help but admire her for a little. A snapping sound caught my attention. 

"Hey, my eyes are up here you perv." she said

"I'm sorry, I just got a little distracted. Wait, no! Not distracted. I was just... daydreaming. Yea I was daydreaming." I need to calm down, I thought to myself.

She chuckled. "I'm Jennie by the way. Jennie Kim. I haven't seen you around here before. What's your name?"

"My name's Y/n." I smiled at her. She smiled at me back and I swear my face was like a tomato. (literally my face after running for 2 minutes)

"Hmmm, I see. Maybe I could show you around. First period doesn't start in another 20 minutes anyway."

"Sure, lead the way Ms. Cheerleader." 

----------------------------------------------------

TIME SKIP: FIRST PERIOD

After our little tour session, I realized that she's a really nice person. She has an intimidating persona when you first meet her but that's just because she has boundaries, as she should. She led me to my first period class which I was thankful for because I wasn't paying attention most of the time during the tour. Not tryna expose myself but I was staring at the angel that was beside me the whole time. Unfortunately, we didn't have the same first period class but she told me that she will swing by to pick me up during lunch. 

During the tour, I told her how I didn't really know my dad much and my mom was always working to support our family financially. It was just my brother and I. I'm grateful that he takes such good care of me. I told her that I was nervous about making new friends since I stayed with the same people all the time. She reassured me and told me that she would introduce her friend group to me. 

-------------------------------------------------

TIME SKIP: LUNCH TIME!!!! MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE SCHOOL DAY

I packed up my books and went out the door. Jennie was there waiting for me. I sent her a smile and she linked my arm with hers. As we were walking to the cafeteria, people were staring at us and whispering. I started to get insecure. I didn't want to attract attention at this new school. Am I making a mistake by being friends with her? 

Word Count: 792