Jennie | cooking

You and Jennie have been dating for the past 5 years. Ever since her debut, she's only gotten busier. You took it upon yourself to be the best girlfriend to her. But while you showered, you thought about it; you've never cooked for your girlfriend. 5 years you were dating her and not once did you whip out a spatula to cook a meal.

Today, Jennie had a whole day of dance practice and recording. Taking advantage of that, you decided to go grocery shopping to buy some ingredients for your homemade dinner. You were waiting for Jennie to leave the house. You love her a lot, but she takes forever to actually walk out the door.

"Bye, baby I love you." Jennie said, kissing you on the lips.

"I love you too, have a good day." you replied.

She kept pecking you on the lips over and over for another 5 minutes.

"Baby, you need to go." you said, laughing.

She frowned. Another peck on your lips, then another, then another. "I don't want to go today, I just want to cuddle with you." Jennie said.

"I know, baby but you have to g-" Jennie interrupted with another long kiss.

"Fine, I'll try to get home early today." And with that, she walked out the front door and got into her manager's car.

After waiting for 10 minutes to make sure Jennie won't come back, you got changed and got your keys to head to the store. You weren't sure what you wanted to make so you searched for some recipes on your phone. You decided you were going to make steak. It was the easiest thing on the list and sometimes your mom would make it for you, so you've seen her do it many times.

As you walked into the grocery store, you bumped into one of Jennie's friends. It was Kang, he was Jennie's photographer when she was at a photoshoot for Chanel. You became close with him as you visited the set often.

"Hey, Y/n! I haven't seen in such a long time. How've you and Jennie been?" Kang asked.

"Hi! We've been good. Still going strong. I can't believe I ran into you. What a coincidence." you replied.

You guys talked for a little while, but he had to leave for another photoshoot. You said bye to him and continued shopping for your stuff.

You finished shopping. While you were checking out, your phone kept dinging. You walked to the car to see what was going on.

News: Y/n, Jennie's girlfriend, was seen talking to a man known as Kang, who was working with Jennie on a photoshoot; are the lovers separated? Is Y/n going behind Jennie's back?

You groaned. Great, now Jennie's going to misunderstand this. You quickly rushed home and saw a car in front of your house; it was her manager's car, probably dropping Jennie off.

You made your way to the driver's side of the car where you saw her manager.

"Hey, Y/n. You better go check on her, she's not doing well right now." her manager said.

"Okay, thank you for taking care of her." you smiled. The manager nodded and drove away.

You sighed and dreadfully walked to the front door. When you opened it, you saw your baby sitting on the couch with a boxful of tissues, crying.

"Jen..." you started.

Her sniffing got louder and then she started to sob. "You're not cheating are you?" Jennie asked.

"Of course not, baby." you got closer to her, slowly, until you were sitting next to her. You kissed her forehead. "Love, I was just talking to him. I hadn't seen him in so long and wanted to catch up with him. Do you know why I went to the store in the first place?"

Jennie nodded no.

"It's because I wanted to surprise you with dinner. Well, it's not really a surprise anymore, but I bought steak and veggies and mashed potatoes for us."

Jennie finally lifted her head. Suddenly, she jumped on you. "I thought I was going to lose you. Please promise you'll be with me forever." she sobbed.

You stroked her hair. "I promise, my love. Don't listen to what the reporters say, okay? I'll stay with you forever." Eventually, she calmed down.

"Let's cook now." she said cheerfully. Seriously, this mandu's duality is no joke.

"I was supposed to cook, babe. The point of this was to cook for you, not the other way around."

She pouted. "At least let me guide you, I'll let you do everything else."

You nodded. "Okay, let's go!"

Word Count: 774