Chaennie | going abroad

You had an opportunity to study in South Korea as an international student. Your high school was providing a trip for students to get some insight on different careers. To be creative, the school faculty arranged a school vacation to South Korea. It was only offered to the 15 top students of the school, which happened to include you.

Your best friend, Erin, was not able to attend the trip. You both were in your room packing for the trip. It was in 2 days and you got nothing done. 

"What do I even bring besides clothes, bathroom utilities, and blankets?" you asked. 

"Girl, I don't know. I'm not even going. But, I can help you shop for last minute clothes that will make you look smoking hot." she grinned.

"No, Erin. I need to pack things that I'll actually wear." you rolled your eyes at her.

After three hours of bickering, you guys finally finished packing your suitcase. This was a tedious process because of the little clothes that you had in your wardrobe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time Skip: boarding the plane

Your mom dropped you off at the airport early the day of the flight. Erin decided that she wanted to come along just for the sake of annoying the heck out of you before the flight. She was singing obnoxiously the whole car ride. 

After a dreadful hour, you finally made it to the airport. The school informed the students to meet at the terminal an hour before the actual departure. 

You got out of the car and got your suitcases before waving goodbye to your mom and your best friend, who was making a stupid face. 

"Bye, mom. Erin, stop doing that, people are staring." you scolded. 

"Bring me back some gifts. I'm not paying you back though." Erin replied.

You rolled your eyes and walked into the airport. You saw a few of your classmates piling up near the terminal, so you made your way there as well. 

After about half an hour, you guys could finally board the plane. Fortunately, you had a window seat. You loved taking photos and having a window seat gives you many opportunities to take pictures of city lights and clouds. The flight to Korea was 10 hours. That's 10 hours stuck on a plane with people you barely knew. You just slipped your headphones on and drifted off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the Incheon Airport

You woke up to the sound of the pilot's voice.

"Attention all passengers, we are starting to land. The flight attendant will let you know when it is safe to take your seatbelts off. In the meantime, stay seated and gather nearby belongings."

You groaned and looked outside. You slept through the whole ride and didn't get to take any pictures. Great, you thought. 

Getting out of the plane was hectic. People were pushing and luggages were being thrown everywhere. When you managed to finally get off, you stayed with your group and walked towards the bus. The bus was going to take us to our hotel where we'll have designated rooms. The school was generous enough to provide us our own rooms. 

When you arrived at your hotel room, it looked magnificent. There were tiny steps that led to a mini living room area. On the right there was a snack bar. And finally, the star of the show, the king size bed. 

You quickly sent a picture to your mom and Erin, bragging about how luxurious the hotel was. It was the afternoon and the supervisors allowed the students to roam free for three hours. After three hours, we had to check back into the hotel. You didn't know where to go so you searched up tourists sites in Seoul. There was a popular place called Hongdae. You decided to take a look. There were a lot of tents that sold Korean street food. It looked and tasted amazing. You went to different shops to find gifts for your family and friends. Erin wouldn't stop bugging you about it.