𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Jordyn's Pov

The explanation for me staying? Out of all the queries to ask me, she asked that?

"I stayed because I found interest in you, plus you didn't know much about me—sort of like a fresh start before school started. "

I answered while taking a sip of water. The waiter I met first, Jody, gave me it because I was tired of the iced tea. Kamryn and I wrapped up our food a while ago, which made them bring us dessert.

I decided on carrot cake, but Kam preferred red velvet cake.

Back to why I dwelled with Kamryn. I actually stayed because of her brother.

Flashback:

It was beyond late, and Kamryn was fluttering in and out of shuteye. I also had to throw away our snack trash—I was thirsty too.

I sauntered downstairs and wandered straight into the kitchen and found Montgomery there.

"Aye, Jay, come here. I need a talk to you."

I tossed out our waste and walked towards him. He gave me one of the three Fanta drinks he had and stooped on the counter.

"Look, you know how my sister is, and she doesn't hang out with anyone. Just—don't hurt her."

He said while grimacing me straight in my eyes.

"I won't."

I responded; his glare was compelling.

"I'm serious Jay. If you hurt her, I'll actually kill you."

He contended while taking a sip of his Fanta.

"I'd let you."

I told him in scrutinies to him slaughtering me.

"I know how your brother is, he'd fuck up anyone that hurts you, so I know she won't hurt you."

He reminded me with all seriousness.

"I promise you—I won't hurt her."

I recalled him.

"I'm serious Jay; just love her."

He demanded while presenting me the other Fanta.

"I will."

I retorted once again.

"Just know—when she loves, she loves hard; I just need you to love her harder. Here are some strawberries and blueberries. She likes to eat them before bed."

He instructed me while transferring me the bowl of strawberries and blueberries.

"Why not bananas—and every night before bed, or every other day or—"

I trailed off curiously.

"She thinks bananas are too much, and she likes them every night before bed."

I approved of his statement and grabbed the bowl and the two Fantas. He told me goodnight and walked away.

I know he'll actually murder me if I were to hurt her, but hopefully, he realizes that I won't.

I can't.

I made my way upstairs, towards Kamryn's room, and sat beside her. I sat the bowl of fruits beside us and handed her one of the two Fantas I had.

"Why'd you bring strawberries and blueberries—why not bananas?"

She challenged me while glimpsing at the television.

"Well bananas are too much, and your brother told me you liked them before bed."

I responded which led her to basically questioning me. I answered all her questions and she soon drifted off to sleep.
_____________________________________

"Really?"

She quizzed me while making her curiousness evident with her face.

"Yes; what did you think about it?"

Kamryn's Pov

Honestly, I was prosperous the entire time I talked with Jordyn. I never understood why, but I was.

"I don't really know. It was fine, I guess."

I answered back while taking a bite of my velvet cake. I still preferred to be stubborn with Jordyn; I have no justification as to why, but I just want this to be genuine.

"Jay, what was with your player phase?"

I really wanted to know because I've never seen Jordyn with anyone. Yes, girls threw themselves at him, but he never took them seriously. Especially since they looked my way.

"It wasn't really a phase. It was just something I did—it was dumb."

They said while savoring their water. They were drinking that stuff like crazy.

"Why'd you stop?"

I requested a cup of that water because Jordyn was devouring that stuff.

"Well—you?"

I don't know why Jordyn said it uncertainly, but they did. They looked up at me which made their answer more ambiguous.

"Is that a statement or an answer?"

I consulted them while sampling my cup of water. It was fortunate but not as promising as Jordyn made it seem.

"I honestly don't know, but it's the truth."

They consoled me.

"I loved this date–"

I started with an illuminated smile which made Jordyn freeze. They smiled back, but I wonder why they freeze every time I smile at them.

"–But I kind of want to get out of this dress, and plus it's getting late."

I acknowledged while getting up from my seat. I walked over beside Jordyn and sat on their lap.

I pulled out my phone and the time said twelve-twenty-six. I went to my camera app and took a few selfies with Jay.

We took goofy photos, cheeky photos, and photos of our outfits.

I called over the nice waitress, Alectra, to take a picture of Jordyn and me. She did and I thanked her.

She was extremely effective when navigating me to this place. She was beautiful too, but that's not the point.

I held Jordyn's hand until we made it towards the first floor.

On the way out of the restaurant, I saw Roman and Kris—in a Rolls-Royce.

"He—oh my gosh Roman look!"

Kris exclaimed while checking me and Jordyn out.

"We did so damn good!"

Roman proclaimed wide-eyed.

"Get in gays."

Kris announced proudly.