𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘

Robyn's Pov

Today's the masquerade party or Mask Prom, and to say I'm not feeling a bit down is a lie.

Jade always looked forward to this day, but she's not here to see it.

It's been lingering in the back of my head, but I've tried everything I could to just ignore and forget about it. To just be happy.

For her at least.

What makes matters worse is the fact that nobody talks about it. No one brings it up. Nobody says her name.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

It makes me feel more alone than anything. I could go on about it for hours, nights, days, months, forever. But that's the thing, I had dwelling on the matter, but it's all I can think about.

I pulled down my dress a bit before wiping my eyes clear of the tears that constantly tried to fall. I couldn't ruin my makeup.

I looked at myself in the mirror thinking of how the last dance went. How happy Jade was when I saw her, how she stared at me for what seemed like ages, how we'd talk about a future together; everything.

I knew the more I stared into the mirror, the longer these thoughts would linger.

I put on the necklace she gave me for my birthday, thinking back to that day.

Flashback:

"Surprise!!"

A crowd of people yelled from the now lit house.

I was stuck in a daze while looking everywhere. I saw my grandparents, aunts, nephews, nieces, and the one person I hoped I'd see.

Jade.

"Surprise."

I turned around to Kris who got mani-pedis with me, and took me the entire evening. It was really fun, but I've been peeping their relationship with Kris.

They told me about it anyways, and I think it's cute.

I turned back around to see Jade staring at me with a bright face.

"Happy Birthday Robby."

Jade exclaimed while hugging me tightly, after spinning me around in her arms.

"Who planned all this?"

I asked while looking around at the lingering, yet conversing people. They all seemed so happy, and I loved it.

"Kris planned the mani-pedis with you, and Roman helped Jordyn and I with the party. Kamryn reserved everything and helped set up with your parents—basically everyone."

She happily informed me while leading me to my parents.

"Happy birthday Rob!"

Both of my parents hugged me with huge smiles.

"We'll be singing 'Happy Birthday' in about thirty minutes. Make sure you converse with the birthday girl, but most importantly—have fun!"

Kamryn announced the last part with Estin and Jordyn.

"Robbieee!"

Saige dragged out before hugging me—boy is always in my personal space.