𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Indigo's Pov

Its the day of graduation and I'm about to be called for valedictorian.

Saying I'm not nervous is a momentous understatement because I am more than so.

"Congratulations, Indigo King as valedictorian!"

I hesitantly walked out from the curtains, and onto the presentable area of the stage. I looked in the audience hoping I'd see Jordyn, Robyn, Evangeline, Storm; everyone actually.

I just wanted to see everyone.

I saw Roman's mom yelling her heart out the moment she saw me. It made me smile brighter than the stars, seeing someone who cared about me, cheering and uplifting Mr.

I didn't see my mother which I was happy about—well that's what I tell myself.

"Thank you."

I said before grabbing my certificate and shaking the hand my principal held out.

I walked to the microphone ready to say the speech that I've planned since last month.

I took a deep breath before my eyes diverted to a cheering Robyn, an overjoyed Jordyn, and thumbs up Storm.

Everyone started quieting down when I looked down in front of me.

"Here goes nothing."

I mumbled to myself.

"Hello everyone, I'm Indigo King. There's no start to this since I'm not prepared for this. I won't sit here and act like my high-school experience was all peaches and cream; because it wasn't.

I had a crush on my long term bestfriend Storm, and couldn't even come to turns with it because of how afraid I was. It was weird since I had nothing to be afraid of.

I guess I should add that my mom isn't even here. She's not in the crowd, nowhere to be seen—you know who is though?

You."

I pointed to Jordyn who was surprised at the start of my speech. Storm shared the look, but everyone then looked at them both.

"Yes you Jordyn. Matter of fact, you've always been here. Through thick and thin, when you had a life, no matter what. You spent majority  of your life raising me, and honestly thank you.

Thank you for everything. Nobody had to deal with the crap my mother gave you, but you. Regardless, you stayed beside me. You always tried to make me happy, and even missed countless school days just to take care of me.

I will forever love you for it.

Robyn and Kris, you weirdos did the same. Believe it or not, you both made my day better. No matter how bad it was, seeing Kris made me happy since he was always upbeat and preppy.

Maybe a little bossy and strict, but always playful and helpful.

I will forever love you both for it.

Roman you're in the same boat. You spent time with me just like Jade did.

And I will forever love you both for it.

Indigo and Kamryn—you two, I love you both more than anything.

Indigo you made me happy. You're the reason I get up out of my bed every morning. You're the reason I still went to this boring ass school. Excuse my language, but it's true.

Kamryn you made Jordyn happy. You're the reason they get up everyday. You're the reason Jordyn always went to school. You had them feenin for you, for years.

I love you both, so much for it.

Jasper; you may not know it, but you made my childhood better. You made school better, you made home better, you did everything. You protected me and Jay when no one else could.

I love you for it.

Obviously I love a lot of people. They're my family. I have more members added, and I know I'll love them just as much as I love the rest.

Ja'Zhya, Benedict, Saige, Vivienne, Mykari, Noelani, Jakari, Aaliyah, and Hennessey—welcome, and make memories with us. You'll love the crew as much as I love them."

I took a breath and finally looked down. I looked back at the crowd before receiving cheers, claps, whistles, all the above. I saw the people I call family, crying, but cheering loudly.

I took my seat next to the salutatorian of my class.

When the boring part of the ceremony ended, I walked to my family before being attacked by Robyn and Kris.

"Biitch, you touched my heart with that one."

Robyn exclaimed with a deathly tight hug.

"You really called us weird, but girl I loved your fucking speech."

Kris noted before hugging me once again.

I then received hugs from everyone with Jordyn being the last person.

"I fuckin love you Phoenix."

Jordyn squeezed me tightly.

"I love you too, Jay."

I hugged them back with tears in my eyes.

At the end of everything we all threw our graduation caps in the air while yelling:

"Fuck this school!"