Chapter 3

Hannah

I opened my eyes from the fact that the sun was scorching right in my eyes. Well, of course, because I forgot to close the curtains before going to bed. I tried to get out of the blanket and realized that I was not wearing a blanket at all, but a hoodie of a stranger I met yesterday. Super, fuck. I took it off, and went to the kitchen, where the delicious aroma of baking came from.

"Hi, Grandma Dee!" I exclaimed and smacked her on the cheek. Actually, my grandmother's name is Diana. But when I was very young all the time "Dikala" on her, it glued to us and remains so native to this day.

"Good morning, dear. You got up late today. You couldn't sleep again?" I asked Grandma.

"Yes, I will not get used to your time zone..." she put potato cakes and pancakes on the table in front of me. I will be damned if I don't eat everything! You will not find such a thing in America. "Thank you, it smells so good!"

"You are welcome, my good girl. You know, I am so happy to have you here. This is the best gift for me!" my heart is painfully compressed. I don't think it's great to live alone away from my family, but Grandma Dee never wanted to move to another country and still doesn't want to. Of course, I love her very much and the distance makes this love only stronger. I am sorry that this time I am so broken and I don't pay enough attention to her.

After a late breakfast, my grandmother and I reviewed the old photo albums, and then she showed me the technique of crocheting with a hook. She talked so passionately, it seemed like she was happy to share her knowledge.

Around 15:00 parents called Whats App, although they still had a deep morning. Mom smiled widely and waved. It was difficult for me to squeeze out the smile in return. They learned about my business, plans for the day and how my grandmother felt. My dad, as usual, asked me when I was going to come back and what I shrugged my shoulders at.

"And how are things... with you?" I asked, drilling with my eyes screen phone. They looked over.

"Baby, your mother and I are working on it," on what exactly, interesting. About the fact that Mom never liked Daddy?

"Which is?" I asked again.

"About the relationship... It's very complicated... And we'll talk about it when you get back, okay?" Mom answered. At that moment, my dog Jimmy appeared in sight. He jumped on the sofa where my parents were sitting and licked the phone camera. It was funny, ha-ha!

"Jimmy! My sweet boy! I miss you so much!" I even slammed my hands with a touch of tenderness.

"Ha-ha, look at our daughter! She hasn't seen her parents for two weeks, but she enjoys her dog more than we do," I would like to answer that it is much easier to communicate with a dog than with them, but I kept silent.

Soon we finished the conversation and the doorbell rang. On the doorstep there was a grandmother's girlfriend and granddaughter. It seems that her name is Masha and she is a year younger than me. My grandmother said that they had to come in.

"Hello. My name is Mary!" the girl extended her hand to me.

"Mary?" I was a little surprised.

"Yes, I thought it would be easier for you to communicate in this way," she explained.

"Super, thank you! And I am Hannah," I answered.

"I have a proposal to you at once. While our grandmothers will be doing their girl business...." ...she giggled. "Come with me and my friends to the beach. We are going to sunbathe and do wakeboarding. My friend will pick us up in 5 minutes!"

Wakeboarding was quite popular in America, especially in Los Angeles and Miami, but I have never tried myself in this sport. But I didn't want to die at home either: