Chapter 7

Hannah

I was lying in bed, and I could still feel the taste of his lips... Yesterday was an amazing evening. It literally and figuratively turned my head. With each meeting our relationship was only getting worse, so I couldn't even think that he could be so... But can I trust him?

Today parents should have called. After what Max said, I had a hope that things can really work out between them. If you think so, Max gives me hope in principle... The best for my parents, the best for my future... the best for the two of us...

In the morning he sent a text message: "Baby, it was the best date of my life. Kiss your puffy lips.". Oh Mommy, this man knows how to melt my heart. Well, in my opinion, it was the best date in the world you can think of. I even downloaded the song to which we danced yesterday. All morning I was enjoying these beautiful sounds and drawing... Almost a year has passed since the last sketch... and it was made for Beth, who really wanted a tattoo in my style. But today I really wanted to paint to capture that moment in my memory. And I drew the night city and the apron on which we are standing, hugging....

The phone rang, I answered the video call of my parents:

"Hello, dear! How are you?" Mom was flying by.

"Hi... it's okay," I smiled, and today my smile was much more sincere. "How are you doing?"

"Oh, Daddy's staying late at work, a lot of orders... Yes, honey?" it seems that mom's eyes were happy when she looked at dad.

"Yes, such period. You're not there either, my best assistant is better," I didn't even know what to say to that... I didn't want to do family business anymore.

"And how are things between you?" I dared to ask.

"We are trying to get back to the old life... After all, we have you for your sake as well..." Mom started, but I interrupted her.

"It is not necessary to do anything for me. I am not small anymore and I can make any your decision. I must say that I want to see you sincerely happy and I hope that you will establish relations ... but not for my sake, but for my own sake," I did it. Let me say a small part of what I think. But this is something.

"You're right, honey. We'll figure it out," I saw my daddy take my mother's hand. "Grandma said that you have a "fiance"?"

"Oh..." Grandma Dee surprises more and more. "Not really. But there is one young man..."

"Hannah, you have to think that it's time to go home, not about guys with whom the relationship will not lead to anything," wow. Thank you, Dad. That was rude.

"Honey, please don't..." Mom tried to calm down Dad.

"I wish Hannah only happiness. And for her happiness it would be better to go home and apply to a prestigious university, rather than fall in love with guys from another corner of the planet. Especially since one guy has already hurt your heart. How is this one better?" If Daddy won't shut up now, I'll be very hard on him.

"How can you say that if you know nothing about him?" everything inside me wanted to protect Max.

"I know that sooner or later you will have to go back to New York. You know about it. And I am sure that he knows about it too. So he plays with you as long as he can," I was on the verge, very angry!

"You know what? I'm an adult now and I understand everything perfectly well. Therefore, I will decide what to do with this situation, when to return home and what to do in the future!," I disconnected myself from the video call. I was beaten up.

I knew that my dad was right. But he wasn't me and he didn't feel what I felt, so he shouldn't have judged. For some time I calmed down, spending time with my grandmother. And soon Max called me. Inside everything turned upside down nicely. He said that he had taken the day off for today and would like to spend the whole day together.