Chapter 17

Hannah

I started walking, communicating with people on the street, and even smiling because I wanted to. Most of the time I spent with my dog Jimmy. My boy clearly missed me. He was always my best friend and it was as if I felt my grandfather's presence next to him.

Last night I decided and turned on my phone, which had been dusting in the nightstand for two weeks. The first thing I wanted to do was remove the music that Max had written for me. But I could not. Still, it was an important part of me... It was a terrific moment for us... And whatever happens after... it will not change the good. So I just hid the track in the furthest folder of my gadget, where I never go, and took it off the bell.

That same evening Beth called. She was in a panic and didn't understand what was going on. When she met my mother at the grocery store she found out from her that I was alive and well, but I was going through a difficult period... So she just waited... "I wanted to come so badly... But I called and you turned off your phone... and I decided, that if you were ready to talk, you would turn it on ... and then your mother said that you are not talking to anyone now ... I was so worried that I leave you alone and didn't know how to do the right thing ... So you turned on your phone. Thank God! Because, honestly, my patience was running out," Bethany said first thing when I picked up the phone. I understood that I embarrassed her, but I was very grateful to her for giving me time to recover.

We started being friends in high school with Beth when she moved into our class. We quickly got along because we were both in love with BRING ME THE HORIZON's lead singer, Oliver Sykes. At that time he really seemed cute. Years went by, "childhood love" was over, and the friendship remained. Beth was of average height, like me, only with a smoked bright red hair and very expressive eyes. Guys always paid a lot of attention to my friend, and it's no wonder because she was so bright and attractive. Beth loves brave images, often laughs, and is a wonderful person. She always knows how to cheer me up. But I really didn't want to have fun the last two weeks. But now that I am starting to come alive, we agreed to see each other soon.

Tyler called this morning. I didn't get his number right away... I crossed him off the list right after the breakup. He recalled our meeting and offered to see us tonight at our favorite café, where the most delicious waffles in town are made. I said yes. It's time for Tyler and I to close our story.

"Wow, Hannah, you are amazing! As always!" exclaimed Tyler when he opened the door of his car. Today I wore a white dress with blue flowers and a lush bottom. A tall tail with volume and heels made me a girl of the 60s, but I was really in a good mood.

"Thank you," I got into his car and we started driving out of Forest Hills.

It was a small area in the central part of the Queens Borough, where New Yorkers still lived in private homes. I really liked our neighborhood, so cozy and quiet, and also in New York. By the way, our coast is washed by the Atlantic Ocean, which gave me the opportunity last year to spend almost every day on the beach. It was my favorite place.

But today we drove to the very center of New York to have some fun. I hope so. I stayed home. Alone with my thoughts.

On the road, Tyler and I shared the same phrases, he kept looking at me... But to be honest, I didn't really want to have a small talk or know how he was doing. There was a stranger sitting next to me as if... And so far I could not imagine that I would change my attitude towards him.

We got out of the car. We were taken to the table that Tyler had ordered. And they gave us the menu, though it was not necessary. We came here almost every weekend for three consecutive months.

"What do you want to order? For waffles, it was a little late..." time passed in 7 pm.

"Well, you know, for waffles..."