Chapter 6

I was back in the arts and crafts room in the morning, around 8 am.  I handed my designs to Jodi, anticipating his reaction.
"These are perfect!  I'll have everything ordered as soon as possible." Jodi praised my work as he looked them over.  I twirled with joy at his simple but encouraging words,  "I asked Music Man, and he said he would love to make some music to be played in here. He said he'd have them ready by next week at the earliest". I suddenly became nervous at what I was about to say next,  " I was hoping that we could by chance make a tunnel for him so that he could visit, I know it's asking a lot but it's worth a shot".  Jodi thought about it as he looked at the drawings again, "I'll see what strings I can pull to make that happen."  His gentle voice reassured me that there is no need to worry.  My smile grew bigger as my happiness sky rocketed, I can't wait till these doors open to allow kids in!

The doors were thrown open as Chica dnaced into the room. "Y/n!"  Her hug was sweet and warm,  "I wanted to see if I can help with anything".   " Sure!  You can help me make lamp shades.  Everything else is done, we just need lamps and lighting,  tables and chairs,  art supplies cubbies,  speakers and a music player,  and possibly a tunnel to let Music Man visit. I want him to be able to visit since he's like a brother I never had."  Chica listened as I rambled on. "I completely understand how you feel, everyone here feels like family to me.  And I got a new sister, you!" We both giggled as we started painting on the lamp shades. We painted stars, confetti, and we added glitter and sparkles.  "Let's see, we could add confetti strings to the ceiling lights when they arrive"  Chica suggested, "I love that idea, let's do it!"  I said.  We picked up Scissors and started making confetti strings of all colors, even adding stars to dangle from them.

Once we were done we counted how many we did, "Let's show Jodi!" Chica announced as she linked arms with me.  We skipped our way to the said man, "Jodi, look at our lamp shades!"  He smiled at seeing us getting along so well, "They look amazing, perfect for the decor".   Chica and I high fived,  " What else can we do to help Jodi?"  Chica asked in anticipation.  "Well,  while you two were making these, I got word that the lighting arrived early. The boxes should be in the Loading Docks".  Chica and I linked arms again as we skipped out the door,  "To the Loading Docks we go!" We said in unison.

Together Chica and I entered the sea of people,  children said hi to us as we passed. 

"So, what animal are you newbie?" 

I turned and saw a group of what looked to be angsty teens, my system instantly knew how to handle this.  "Oh, just the great Bald Eagle." I ran my hand through my feathers, causing Chica to giggle.  "Like, I totally find this place cool.  Have you seen the sick arcade? With The spider DJ?  Totally worth the thought of checking out".  As I spoke a sudden burst of confidence hit me like a wave,  the faces of the teens was worth it.

" There's an arcade?!"
"With a DJ?!"

"Yeah, Y/n Eagle and I were on our way to pick up the lighting for her arts and crafts area. But we can make a quick detour to take you guy to the arcade." Chica offered as she draped her arm around my shoulders.

The teens nodded and followed us. We brought them to the arcade and watched as their jaws practically dropped to the floor. 
"The spider DJ is just over there, his name is Music Man. Tell him I sent you." I said and winked at them.  They nodded and rushed off.  "I didn't know you were this good with the teens." Chica said, amazed at my skill even I didn't know I had. I shrugged and pulled her along to get back to the task at hand. 

Chica and I got to the Loading dock later than planned, we chose to some little jobs here and there.  We arrived three hours late, but it was worth it.  As we got closer to the boxes, Chica and I heard someone crying behind the piles of cardboard. It wasn't the loud type, it was the "stay quiet so no one will hear you cry" type of crying.

"Hello?" Chica walked closer to check if we heard right.  The whimpering stopped, and all that was left was sniffing.   "It's ok to come out, we aren't going to hurt you".
I turned to find a little cubby opening in the stacks of boxes, there sat one of the teens from earlier, one of the boys.   My heart broke seeing his red and puff eyes,  "Hey" I spoke as softly as possible to him.  "Why not come on out and tell me what happened, after we've got these lights taken care of".  He nodded and took my held out hand.   He climbes out and looked at the boxes,  " Can I help?"  He asked, looking at Chica and I.  "I don't see why not" Chica answered as she picked up a box and handed it to him,  "What's you name? You don't have to tell me, I can just call you little dude".  He laughed at what I said,  " Xander,  and you two and Glamrock Chica and Y/n Eagle. You can still call me little dude if you want."   "Got it" I ruffled his curly black hair.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Warning, sadness ahead. (In my opinion)

When all the lights were in my area, we started setting them up.   "Ok little dude,  what happened?  You don't need to go into detail, just the essentials."    He nodded and helped me place a lamp shade on a light.

"I have depression and anxiety, it gets really bad sometimes.  My friends have tried to help, but they can only do so much."  He gulped down tears,  "My mom died of a lung failure two weeks ago.  She was a dancer, but with her condition she was warned to be careful.  I asked her to show me her favorite moves,  she loved dancing and she loved me, so it was a win win.  I became too much for her, and you can guess what happened next".   His tears came back, so we stopped decorating and sat on the floor.  My instincts were to embrace him, and that's what I did.  Not sat in my lap, the poor boy cried his eyes out. 
"I started to think about what happened and my depression kicked in.  I-if I hadn't asked her to dance, maybe she'd still be here."  He cried into my shoulder as I rubbed his back.   "I don't think she blames you, she was doing what she loves for who she loves.  I think she's been watching over you since her passing. Maybe try to dance for her,  even if you can't see her".   

" Xander?"

Jodi came over and saw the broken boy.
"Uncle Jodi? I didn't you you worked here". He sniffed, still clinging to me.  Jodi nodded and sat with us,  " This is about your mother?"  Sorrow laced his voice at the memory's that played in his head.   Xander nodded and hiccuped.   "His mother was my sister, so it's hard on us both".   " I'm very sorry for your loss, both of you.  But it's not healthy to stay sorrowful ". They both nodded as we all stood up.  " After we finish up here, why don't we visit Music Man and see your dance moves."  Xander wiped his tears and smiled, "ok".