Chapter 14

Once Mardelle was at last asleep, I left my room after turning the lights down low.   It saw 4am now and Rockstar row was too quiet.  

I made my way toward the day care to check up on Sundrop,  I hope he isn't in night mode.   And luckily he wasn't.

"Hi Y/n! You're up early."  Sundrop greeted me with his usual happy persona.   "Yeah,  the other animatronics are in night mode right now till 6am.   I found the reason as to why though, I just don't know how to deactivate night mode."    Sundrop hummed thoughtfully as we sat down on the floor,   "Last time they were in night mode was when this kid named Gregory came to the establishment and made an uproar.    That was about what,  3 years ago?"

"3 years?  Wow,  I must have still been shut down at that time."   I lay down on my stomach as he continued.   "Yeah,  Freddy told me the whole thing.  At that time Monty, Chica, and Roxy were almost completely destroyed.   Freddy was the only one who wasn't in night mode,  he said it was some temporary glitch.   That's why Chica, Monty, and Roxy hate night mode.   As it turns out, there was some female bunny loose around the Pizza Plex.   This is why night mode is more of a only when necessary thing."

"Wow,  they were that beat up?"  I felt my metallic heart crack.   "Yeah, the Pizza Plex had to be closed for weeks till they were repaired."   Sundrop fiddled with his thumbs, "I managed to catch a glimpse of what they looked like, and it was bad.  Monty lost his hands and legs,   Roxy lost her eyes,   and Chica lost her voice box and beak."

"Oh."   I frowned as Sundrop sighed,  "Don't tell Monty I told you, it's a touchy subject for him."  I nodded laid on my back to look at the netted ceiling.   "Ok, I'll wait for him to tell me, if he does that is."

"I'm going to head back out and continue patrolling, I'll see you later Sundrop."
"Bye bye Y/n!"

And with that I went off to look around again.

My first stop is Roxy's Raceway.  
I saw all the little wet floor bots littered against the wall, I remember Roxy telling me that there was an oil spill yesterday.   I found the garage and decided to check in there for a moment.  I still want to find some time to race Roxy at some point.

"What are you doing here?" A harsh voice said behind me, I turned and saw Monty.  Why is he here and not Roxy?

"Hi Monty!"  I chirped, trying to not seem nervous.   He slowly stalked closer with his tail swishing behind.

I was backed into the wall as he cornered me,  his hands were now on both sides of my head.   "Monty?"  My voice was just above a whisper as his face got closer.

"Y/n"  he said close to my ear, causing my breathing pace to pick up.   "A delicate jewel like you shouldn't be out at such a dangerous time such as this."  His voice was low and seducing as his fingers twirled my hair feathers.   I put my hands on his chest from the close proximity, but didn't push him away.   "W-well, I did find the intruder.  She's practically a harmless sweetheart."   This was the most flirtatious I have been with Monty, but then again he is in night mode.   Didn't they say it's more aggression? Then why is he flirty with me?

"Is that so?"   He sniffed my hair and hummed.   "Y-yes"  I closed my eyes as he nuzzled my cheek.   "Don't worry my little star, I'm not going to harm you."   His voice rang melodiously in my ears.

"My new favorite smell,  peaches and roses."  

"Monty?!"   The said gator turned to the voice as they stood there shook.   He growled and sheltered me with his body,  I'm overly flustered at this point as my overheating fans kicked in.

Freddy stood looking at us, shocked at my predicament.   Monty picked me up in a protective hold and glared at Freddy,   "Mine."  Was all he said and ran right back to Rockstar row. 

When we got to his room he sat me on his couch and turned the lights down low.  
"I've been looking for you all morning,  now I've finally found you."   He place his head on my lap and closed his eyes.   It didn't take long for him and I to let sleep surround us for what was left of the morning.