Chapter 23

"Ok Y/n, Felix, one at a time now."  A mechanic instructed as he covered his ears.

"EEEEAAAAAAHK!"   A loud squack came from me.

"My turn my turn."  Felix jumped up and down, ready to start.
"AAAAAAAAAHHH!"

"Alright, crisp and clear.  You two are free to go now."  We thanked him and left the maintenance room.  Why?  Because Felix and I were getting a check up before the big rth of July celebration.  We were making sure that our security systems were running Smoothly, and they were.

After all, Felix and I were taking the lead for the day.  The others will still be around of course, it's just us two will lead.

"Next on the list, the temporary paint job." I looked at the list Jodi gave us,  "Got it!"  Felix saluted as we got closer to the outside world.  The 4th of July is tomorrow, so we needed to get things done tonight.  Everyone else was ready and setting up the Plex for the celebration.

"Hey guys!"  A lady said,  "Hi Jordan!"  Felix and I responded.  Jordan is a new staff member here, she helps with giving us temporary paint jobs and dresses us up for events.  She's really nice too.

"Arms up." She instructed,  and we did.  We mentally prepared ourselves for the funny feeling of getting painted on,  stars and stripes like that flag.

Felix giggled at the ticklish feeling of paint on him.   "Stop moving Felix."  Jordan laughed at the giggling boy.    "It tickles."
"I know I know." She comforted Felix.

She spent half an hour painting Felix.
"Ok Y/n, your turn."    I clenched my jaw as the funny sensation of being painted started.   It lasted for an hour till she was finally done.

I sighed in relief,  "You two can go and get some rest now.  I'll come and dress every tomorrow."    "Ok, thank you Jordan and goodnight"   I smiled at her,  "Yeah, thank you and goodnight!"  Felix waved as we went inside to our rooms.

"I feel like singing the star spangled banner!"  I sung since I was in a really good mood all evening.   "Well then it's a good thing we are practicing with everyone tonight." Felix remarked as we stood next to the Roxy statue in Rockstar row.  "Yep."  I sighed.

My feathers sparkled red white and blue as we stood in a dim spotlight.    "Don't even make this a musical."   I pouted,  how did he know?   "Anyway,"  I shook my head "We need to head to the atrium, Jodi already know about our practice session."   Felix nodded and we started our walk to the atrium.

The rest of the animatronics had red, white, blue, stars and stripes.   "Eeeey,  lookin good squirt."  Roxy complimented Felix,  "You too Roxy!"  He gave her finger guns,   making her jokingly clutch her chest.  "He shot me.  Catch me Chica I think I'll faint."   They giggled after that.   "Hey Monty,"   "yeah?"
I ran up to him and swapped his start shades for red white and blue Star shades,  "We get to match!" I squealed as I put a pair on myself.  He chuckled at how cute I was being.  

"Okie dokie, let's start shall we?"

"Yes, let's" Freddy responded.

The funny part was seeing Freddy with a whirlygig.   By some weird force it actually worked well with the songs we had lined up.  (You are welcome to look up what a whirlygig is, yes it is an instrument.)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I sat in front of my vanity mirror as I waited for Jordan,  in all honesty she reminds me of Jodi.  Not to mention both are single.  Hehe,  they also like each other.

Perfect.

Jordan came in with her costume supply she made just for us animatronics.  "Good morning Y/n,  you're the last animatronic to be dressed.  Let's start."

I sat patiently as she chose what I was going to wear. 

A Red, White, and Blue felt tutu skirt, same color bow with a stripps bow and matching earrings.  Put that together with the shades and man I was looking like a true patriot!
And me being a Bald Eagle was the topping on the cake!

"All done, you should probably make your way back stage since today is an early opening."   "Got it, Thank you Jordan.  Oh and by the way,  I give you full permission to pursue Jodi.  He is single and needs someone to love." I wink at her and left her blushing.  She's only been here a month, but she's already family.

I equipped my synthesizer as we were positioned on stage, ready to perform.
"Let's do this."  I quietly said to everyone, even Felix who had a drum set. 
"Yeah." Everyone responded as quietly.

The announcer finished his schtick and then the stage rose.   We were greeted by bright lights and energetic children, parents and teens. 

"Happy 4th of July everybody!"  I announced.    "We are so happy you decided to join us on this fantastic Holiday! Felix and I will be taking over the stage today.  We are gonna tell a story later,  so don't go to far!  We also have a special craft as well.  All in all its going to be an amazing day, so let's get rockin! "  

The crowd went wild at my speech.

We went through every song in the line till the very last one,  The Star Spangled Banner.

"And now for the song of the day, The Star Spangled Banner with a fun twist!"

(Play the song at the top)

All the teens were shook yet bopped to the music.   I sang with so much feeling it sent adults to tears,  even I felt moved by myself.
It was the greatest patriotic way to kick start the 4th of July.

For our craft we made American flags with soft fabrics and skewers with the pointy tip cut off.

And the story,  let's just say Felix and I got very dramatic.

I think we made an impression on the teens.